Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Tour burner iron set

rated by 0 users
Tue, Aug 25 2009 12:05 PM (6 replies)
  • juansky
    6 Posts
    Sun, Aug 9 2009 3:54 PM

I upgraded my irons recently and have since gone back to my starter set because the upgrades are too difficult to use. It's not fair to me as a consumer to buy a so called upgrade that is impossible to use. You need to adjust the difficulty of the upgrades on the irons. it would be nice if one could test out the equipment before buying something unplayable. I would like to get my money back on the upgrades, how do I do that?

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sun, Aug 9 2009 4:01 PM

you can attempt to write to members@worldgolftour.com and see if they can help.

I don't think it will help, but you can try.

Good luck.

• Griz0613
    80 Posts
    Sun, Aug 9 2009 5:11 PM

I suggest getting the balls. Slows the meter down and makes them as easy to hit as the tour starters

• TheSpaghettiKid
    424 Posts
    Sun, Aug 9 2009 8:30 PM

i like my tour burner irons.  it has taken me ALOT of practice to get used to the speed... i needed the GI-D balls and i still have to many mishits.  i'm generally happy with their performance... except for the very odd behavior of the 8i from time to time.  i'm not seeking a refund.

however, i agree with the OP.  the changes in meter speed seem to steep.  i don't know how to fix it but i think the meter increases to rapidly from starter to the top irons. 

he shouldn't have to buy something else to "fix" what he doesn't like about the new irons... 44cents adds up over time.

• juansky
    6 Posts
    Mon, Aug 10 2009 9:45 AM

This problem can be simply fixed by allowing the user to test out equipment on a few holes. It's not hard to implement a testing ground for equipment, you already have the assets. Consumers should be able to test equipment before purchasing.

It's not fair to string the users along to fix a problem with the equipment by buying a ball that fixes the problem. The difficulty of the equipment should slowly improve over time as one uses it.

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Tue, Aug 11 2009 5:33 PM

A demo session with new clubs seems only fair.  I have purchased G10 and Taylor Made Tour Burner (always coupled with GI-D) and they are both ok (not great) other than crazy anomalies that happen about every 10 shots when the ball is struck perfectly or 1 click off and jumps about 10-15yds offline.  Have hit several shots on the "ding" that actually fought about 10 yds offline against a crosswind.  Have also put at least a dozen purchased balls into a hazard because of this issue.  I've submitted the "bug" close to 20 times to WGT right after it happened but have yet to hear of any solution or explanation.   These issues have cost a top 10 finish in several tourneys in the month that I have been playing on the site.  I know it's still in Beta but would love to hear from the site on this.  Purchased these clubs from the assertion by comparison charts more precision but that hasn't been close to the case.  The only benefit I have seen from upgraded clubs is increased distance.

Maybe the site doesn't want us to demo them because it will hurt the sale of these clubs as I certainly wouldn't have purchased them with the problems that I have had. 

• 6packmike
    235 Posts
    Tue, Aug 25 2009 12:05 PM

Possibly some you tube stuff demonstrating the speed of the meter and assets or drawbacks would be sufficient. You can't just keep adding and adding, it slows down load time. Yesterday three rounds froze on me.

RSS