Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Residence

rated by 0 users
Thu, Aug 6 2009 4:54 PM (5 replies)
  • RudSwan
    2 Posts
    Tue, Aug 4 2009 3:33 AM

Hi, becauce i'm from south africa, i can only play 1 stroke play tournament, my country of residence does not qualify.  this suck!

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Tue, Aug 4 2009 4:46 AM

Lookie HERE. (And there are dozens of similar threads in the Search box. These forums are currently set up so that every 2 or 3 days, the same repetitive threads get started over again, and again, and again. Not primarily your fault, of course.)

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Tue, Aug 4 2009 12:50 PM

Hi RudSwan, and welcome to WGT.  I don't think there was a question in your post, but I will agree that it sucks that you can play only 1 tournament....

But, there are a few questions that now beg to be answered. 

1. You're from South Africa with a US Flag?
    2. You've played 2 days and Pro Already?
    3. All 4 ranked rounds played were played at Par?

Now, I am not being judgemental.. just a bit curious.  Is this the only account that you play under?  If not, I would urge you to contact members@worldgolftour.com and have them disable any other accounts before you become eligible to compete for prizes.

Other than that, welcome again, and we look forward to the day when all countries can compete in all tournaments.

Have a nice day.

• RudSwan
    2 Posts
    Thu, Aug 6 2009 9:49 AM

Hi Snaike,

Thanks 4 the reply. To answer your questions: I must admit that I have changed my country of residence to the US one because I could only play in one tournament and to play the same course isn't that exiting.  I only play under this account, and believe me I'm not after prices est..  Just out there for a sunny day in the office..

ps..tiger woods 2010 on PS3 helps allot!!

Rgards

Rudswan

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Thu, Aug 6 2009 1:09 PM

RudSwan:
    I must admit that I have changed my country of residence to the US one because I could only play in one tournament

I considered doing the same cheat (I have some cousins living in Germany and entering their street address in the required field would have been no problem). In the end, my national pride prevailed; the German flag (despite the German avatar!) doesn't really belong next to my name.

RudSwan, if you plan to buy any equipment in the ProShop, be sure to make so using PayPal. PayPal allows you to use country-neutral email addresses, whereas if you wanted to pay via credit card, WGT might ban your US account once it was clear the credit card was issued in South Africa and that that's where the money really came from. (Then again, maybe WGT wouldn't care, to the tune of "a dollar is a dollar and how it got into our pocket isn't all that important".)  

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Thu, Aug 6 2009 4:54 PM

Hi everyone, please note that we will need to disqualify any prize winners who did not correctly indicate their true country of residence.

RSS