Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Meter Solution

rated by 0 users
Sun, Feb 13 2011 3:27 AM (7 replies)
  • Sobiss
    303 Posts
    Sat, Feb 12 2011 8:30 PM

Hello everyone like everyone else i've pulled my hair out because of my meter lagging, jumping, skipping ect..I beta test for EA, Blizzard and Trion so my system is tops and my d/l speeds are like 70k mbps so...doing some research i am now using this

http://www.evga.com/articles/00467/

it allows me to set my ie (internet explorer) as a priority for bandwidth control ect.. you need to read about it what u can set up ect..

I hope this finds some of you with a solution. my meter reacts and runs smoothly 99% of the time so far

Sobiss

• Timfy67
    37 Posts
    Sun, Feb 13 2011 3:27 AM

70k mbps ... wow!!! Really.. a 70gbps internet connection??? 

That means that you can download <counts on fingers> 8.75 gigaBytes per second!!!

And I thought my 100mbps cable to the door connection at my previous address was fast!

;-)

• Neil110772
    287 Posts
    Sun, Feb 13 2011 4:56 AM

Yeah at a cost of $400  I dont think so.

• Kurtsbuford
    7,592 Posts
    Sun, Feb 13 2011 6:01 AM

If you hadnt have used IE in the first place you might not have needed to buy it.

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Sun, Feb 13 2011 7:17 AM

Sobiss:

my meter reacts and runs smoothly 99% of the time so far

rofl...you're joking right?

for $400 I'd be wanting a perfect meter.

my meter's fine 99% of the time using Chrome.

tbe

• Tightrope
    1,072 Posts
    Sun, Feb 13 2011 8:13 AM

thebigeasy707:

my meter's fine 99% of the time using Chrome.

tbe

I am curious about this issue - when you say 99%, do you mean that it actually runs completely smooth 99% of thime? You have actually experienced 18 hole rounds without a single twitch on the meter?

I am asking because I have noticed myself that when the meter just twitches a little, I consider it good. We have become so used to the crappy meter that we have lowered our expectations. When you come in as new to this game, you do not expect it to be this bad. You get upset over he small twitches because you have not learned to ignore them and it makes it impossible to find a rhythm.

Bottom line is that the meter sucks and we should not pretend it is all fine because if we do, WGT will pretend the same. 

We should not even need to consider buying a $400 application to make a workaround for a mistake in WGT's system design.

• SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Sun, Feb 13 2011 8:57 AM

Tightrope:
    You have actually experienced 18 hole rounds without a single twitch on the meter?

Yes, more than the opposite. 

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Sun, Feb 13 2011 9:22 AM

i see the meter like i see a relationship. sometime's it's going really good then the next moment could be a whole chapter of pain....but there's just no telling when it's gonna happen.

having said that i just entered the weekly 9 hole tourney at BPB and my first drive got f4cked with the meter so i just abandoned the game.

bpb is a hard enough course without the meter w4nking itself off.

tbe

RSS