Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Indicate Who's Friend & Who's Not on Players Selection Screen

rated by 0 users
Wed, Aug 5 2009 12:21 AM (3 replies)
  • Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sun, Aug 2 2009 3:49 AM

When launching a multi-player game and the names of suggested fellow players pop up, please indicate whenever any of the suggested names is a Friend. For those of us with dozens of friends, it's difficult to remember everyone by name. Include a small icon, perhaps, next to the player's name when it pops up on the players selection screen, and preferably also show that icon throughout the multi-player round. That would remind us, "Ah, that's one of my Friends!" Currently, I need to wade through dozens of names in my Friends list just to verify if this is, indeed, the same person I have on my list, or if it's just someone with a similar username.

• Morgeo
    52 Posts
    Tue, Aug 4 2009 6:47 PM

In addition to that suggestion I would like to see a RED dot in my friends list if they are playing.

It is unnecessary to have to ask and wait for a rejection because the person is already out on the course. It is also unnecessary to be called when you are in the middle of a game.

This would solve that problem. 

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Tue, Aug 4 2009 9:13 PM

I agree Morgeo, as it has been suggested a good number of times before.

There is a rather cumbersome work-around posted in another thread that will have to do until WGT can settle this.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Wed, Aug 5 2009 12:21 AM

Morgeo:
    I would like to see a RED dot in my friends list if they are playing.

This was first suggested by Nivlac as early as in December 2008; unfortunately, we still only have those misleading green/grey dots today. See an earlier discussion of the proposed mutiple colours of dots.

At the very least, WGT might arrange that the green dot, by default, becomes the grey dot whenever someone enters a round or skill challenge, and automatically reverts to the green dot whenever a round of golf or skill challenge is over. Yes, you can regulate the green/grey dot manually through 2 clicks of your mouse, but this is so bothersome that most players don't really care to do so. They are right, the software should do that for them automatically (while, of course, still leaving us the option for manual adjustment of the color of the dot, as it is today).

RSS