• Craigaus
    57 Posts
    Thu, Feb 10 2011 11:18 PM

Is there anyway WGT could look into mic to mic conversation optional thanks

Craig

• Noobingalltheway
    222 Posts
    Fri, Feb 11 2011 4:28 AM

I'd prefer they didn't...so many people are complaining about speed/lag issues that I think adding a feature that will cause more speed issues is pretty counter-productive.

The set up today is fine - I see no problem with those that wish to talk go on to Skype or some other programme that allows voice chat. That way you're not exposing those that don't wish to voice chat to unnecessary speed problems

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Fri, Feb 11 2011 5:21 AM

Craig,

Take a look at Skype, does exactly what you are looking for and is a free download - many on here use it already and very few have reported any troubles with it interfering with the game.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Fri, Feb 11 2011 5:31 AM

Ventrilo is another option.

• iwb1
    110 Posts
    Fri, Feb 11 2011 8:37 AM

Since January I have been running a Teamspeak 3 server for the members of our CC. As yet no one has reported any adverse affect on their meter. 

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Fri, Feb 11 2011 10:37 AM

I second that "iwb1". We here in the U.N.C.C. use Teamspeak 3 and have had no problems with it. I will tell you that whichever voice chat service you go with, you will get even more enjoyment out of this game than you ever have. Beats the hell out of typing in the chat box.

Master Yoda

• OWN3R
    58 Posts
    Fri, Feb 11 2011 10:50 AM

I agree that wgt shouldn't look into integrating voice as it'll make the game even worse. I've found the WGT's internet latency to their shot making game servers averages in the 90-100ms response timeframe which is not very good when needing to click a super tiny white line :) so adding more network bandwidth apps is a no go. Ventrillio, teamspeak, etc etc, is the way to for for a voip application.

• Craigaus
    57 Posts
    Sun, Feb 13 2011 4:48 AM

Thank you to everyone who has given their input regarding mic to mic ,i Shall keep the issues in mind but also will try teamspeak and skyp and see if it acts up and i'll definately report back again thankyou craigaus

• sixkiller
    1,147 Posts
    Sun, Feb 13 2011 5:58 AM

I regularly use Skype and Ventrillo, sometimes both together in 1 game, never have any more meter issues than usual (very few).

• devonnnnn
    1,085 Posts
    Sun, Feb 13 2011 9:35 AM

skype and teamspeak I both use, and they shouldnt affect the speed of the game to a point where the meter speed wouldnt be bad

RSS