Forums

Help › Forums

Re: 2 questions for WGT folks -- accounts/card

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jul 31 2009 6:33 AM (3 replies)
  • Kfbengal
    2 Posts
    Fri, Jul 31 2009 5:02 AM

I have been playing WGT for a few months as a guest at my local library. Meanwhile my nephew had an account "Shadowgbq" on this computer. He still plays occasionally but I got the bug and made this account for me. Neither of us submitted a credit card number or much personal info. Since I made my own account, I've posted a few good scores and many bad ones, and I am not leading any of the current tourneys.

After reading some other threads I fear that this puts me in a category to be banned. It might simply be against the rules to play without submitting a full name or have two accounts on one IP address, since a sandbagger could more easily cheat by playing on more than one account that way.

What can I do to prevent this and keep playing? I did get to know the basics of the game by practicing as a guest, but I am still not very good. I think I stand to win 10 or 15 credits from this week's tournaments and that isn't even enough to buy deluxe balls with. The one good round I have at Kiawah is more a product of using the front tees, after practicing some brutally long holes at Bethpage; I still can't putt and if I'm a sandbagger I need a raft. I can forfeit that 68 or whatever it was if it would help keep my account/computer welcomed at WGT. I love playing the game.

I do plan to submit a credit card # if that helps. I have a Visa card that can't be used as credit but is a debit card for all transactions, is that usable for WGT?

Any help would be appreciated. I am sorry for any indescretion in breaking your rules. I was thinking that having 2 people play one account was exactly what to avoid, so I made my own new account. I throw myself at the mercy of the Royal & Ancient.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Fri, Jul 31 2009 5:49 AM

Kfbengal:
    I have a Visa card that can't be used as credit but is a debit card for all transactions, is that usable for WGT?

Yes.

Kfbengal:
    Since I made my own account, I've posted a few good scores and many bad ones

Are you sure? Your profile page only lists 3 ranked rounds since you created this account, all of them excellent, so they are indeed liable to make you look suspicious. 

• Kfbengal
    2 Posts
    Fri, Jul 31 2009 6:24 AM

I completely understand your point of view. But when I'm in an unlimited play tournament I stop the round and start over as soon as I've made enough bogeys that I could never hope to place well. I thought that all such partial scores were entered in the database, if not the public displays on the site.

The 18 hole tournament score on the other hand was from very easy tees, have you played from them? I think anyone with common golf sense and a good mouse could shoot under par from those tees. It's drive and pitch the whole way.

I understand if you ban me, because I can't prove that I've shot 80 bad rounds and X'ed out of them. But can you just forfeit me from all current tournaments and bump me up to Pro or Master? Whatever you have to do really. I won't miss the 9 credits or so that I stand to win.

Kurt

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Fri, Jul 31 2009 6:33 AM

Kfbengal:
    But when I'm in an unlimited play tournament I stop the round and start over as soon as I've made enough bogeys that I could never hope to place well.

Yeah, many people do that, and it's OK. (Unlike in multi-player, where if you quit you leave your partners alone on the course.)

Kfbengal:
    I thought that all such partial scores were entered in the database.

Nope, only finished 9 holes / 18 holes / skill challenges are entered in the database.

Kfbengal:
    The 18 hole tournament score on the other hand was from very easy tees, have you played from them?

Yes, and I played pretty badly from them. (But then, I'm probably a much worse virtual golfer than you are.)  

Kfbengal:
    But can you just forfeit me from all current tournaments

You should email your wishes to members@worldgolftour.com. I'm just a fellow user like you are.

Kfbengal:
    and bump me up to Pro or Master?

You can bump yourself by playing a few more good rounds. I'd say 2 or 3 more good rounds will be enough for you to get upgraded to Pro automatically.  

RSS