Forums

Help › Forums

Re: cleaned up ads

Thu, Jan 27 2011 9:05 AM (3 replies)
  • chunter26
    219 Posts
    Thu, Jan 27 2011 8:18 AM

I really like how you have cleaned up the ads between shots. Good job.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Thu, Jan 27 2011 8:31 AM

Agreed. The ads in game-play have a classic look, and feel now. Perhaps WGT learned a lesson.

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Thu, Jan 27 2011 8:43 AM

I hate to even post this for fear of a ton of "stop siding with WGT responses" ... but hopefully they didn't learn anything  ....  and just implemented things in multiple releases as they had planned.   

What they did was ... put out something which was not 100% fixed that in order to hit contractual time frames and get paid by their advertisers  ...  and then fix issues in future updates .. the same way Microsoft and every other Software company .. and ever other internet based company does for that matter.    I have yet to see a website that doesn't make updates to fix things after release.  

If they acted the way some of you guys want them to ... they would be giving out everything for free, waiting for things to be 100% programmed, and be out of business in a week .. and TWO would be looking pretty good to a lot of us.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Thu, Jan 27 2011 9:05 AM

Stop siding with WGT all the time lvietri!!  LOL!

And all good points you made too!

I can honestly say, ie no BS, I played 9 holes this morning on BPB and never even noticed the change in ads between holes.  Not until I read the announcement did I even realize they changed it.  I had to start a practice round and check it out between holes.

RSS