Re: Better this Way

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jul 24 2009 10:06 PM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Fri, Jul 24 2009 1:17 PM

Futures:
    You might as well give it up and take up part-time work if you really need more income.

I'm not really sure why you're pushing the assumption that I need money.  It's actually quite the opposite.  I'm able to do this because I don't need money, so anything I win is pure bonus.  As I said, supplement current income, not replace it.  I don't consider adding more money to the bankroll a waste of time ever.  Not on the poker table and certainly not here.

And if you don't think folks won't be able to make a pretty penny off this site, think again.  We've yet to scratch the surface as far as tournament purses go.

Futures:
    When you look at the hours spent on this site,  you are actually losing money--compared to what you could be doing in hours spent at some other job.

Again, that's assuming you need a job.

Futures, I wasn't trying to start an argument with you or criticize the way you do things.  I actually think your method of play is admirable, however, it's just not the way I do it.  I just wanted to present a different point of view.  I apologize for attempting a discussion. =/

Lysti:
    And is it really true theres a single player out there who has never ever quit a round even by him or herself?

I seriously doubt it.  Shat happens, so they say... :)

• Lysti
    323 Posts
    Fri, Jul 24 2009 1:25 PM

If I heard otherwise I would probably need some proof from WGT.....=)

• Futures
    79 Posts
    Fri, Jul 24 2009 7:41 PM

NIVLAC STATED: "When I first stumbled upon WGT however many months ago the one thing that caught my eye was an advertisement banner that said something like, "Join the World Golf Tour and quit your day job!"  I took that as my challenge to become good enough to compete in the eventual cash tourneys they will offer.  Supplement the income a little while having some fun in the process.   After all, aside from The Donald, who doesn't need more cash?"

Actually,  you are the one who seems to lead us to believe that you do need more cash. 

Anyway, I try my best not use this forum to start arguments either.  And I won't accuse you of starting an argument,  because I really try to use these forums  for constructive purposes only. I want to remain in good standing here at this site.  I am not a trouble maker. 

Anyway, for what it is worth, all I said was that a if a person--even the top money leaders here--really needed extra money--again, you write "...who doesn't need more cash?"- -then rather than use this site as part-time work, they could certainly find better ways to make money.   And I stand by what I said because it is true.  

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Fri, Jul 24 2009 10:06 PM

As I said, attempting to start a conversation here was clearly a bad decision because it seems you want to attack my word usage and make this thread about "how I need money" rather than exchange ideas.  The Donald quote was clearly in jest, but instead you've latched onto it like a life-ring.  If I used the word "want" instead of "need" then we don't waste any time on this nonsense.  So, that's enough for me.  Good day, sir.

• PAGES
RSS