wgticon

any date for oakmont been included in the country club comps

thanks mike

should be soon.

-wgticon

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Thu, Jan 27 2011 6:54 AM

Instead of starting a new thread about the new update I figured I would use this one given the name of this thread. So first and foremost I would like to say thank you very much for including Oakmont into the CC's. Having just the 3 courses in the club house wasn't very fun. Especially when your creating tournaments. As the tournament CEO of my CC I now have the freedom to make my tournaments at any course I choose and don't have to worry about how I'm going to include Oakmont. So thank you very much. Overall grade A+

The Calloway balls look like beasts of balls in their own. Wow! I can't wait to earn enough credits so that I can play with them. They seem pretty expensive but with those attributes I guess they would be. Overall grade A-

And how about that USGA Tour Zone. Looks like you can now play Pebble Beach in Blitz mode. That's awesome. I really look forward to logging some hours doing that. Great job with that. I know this will probably never happen but how awesome would it be if Pebble Beach  were to become a stroke play course. Overall grade B+

And the concede putt/hole in Alternate mode is pretty cool as well. That's going to save some time playing those games. Nothing is worse than waiting for your opponent to wait around and 4 putt their ball when you know damn well that your team has won the hole. Overall grade A+

And now the Ready go's are tier based. That is awesome. I usually don't play ready go's. One small reason is because I know I'm not going to shoot a twenty something every time out. Hell I've shot a 28 just once in the 6 months that I've been here. But to do it consistently would be an amazing feat. I'm just not that good.......yet. :) But I 'm very happy that when I do decide to play a ready go that I will be competing with people in my tier only. Overall grade A-

Now the Taylor Made clubs I won't comment on or grade beacuse I already have all the clubs that I will need for the foreseeable future. And being a Philadelphia Eagles football fan I probably won't be purchasing any of the GI-SD vapor Super Bowl balls. Although I really like the colors of each. Great job with both. But in the grand scheme of things once again that's something that we just don't really need. Overall grade B-

Well that's all I got. Overall grade that I would give this update would be an A. Very nice job WGT. And once again thank you so much for bringing Oakmont to the CC's. As always, greart game. I'm looking forward to the new course coming out. Can't wait for both the CTTH Congressional and then the coveted stroke play Congressional course.

• SgtDoodles
    3,112 Posts
    Thu, Jan 27 2011 11:31 AM

Yoda79:

And how about that USGA Tour Zone. Looks like you can now play Pebble Beach in Blitz mode. That's awesome. I really look forward to logging some hours doing that. Great job with that. I know this will probably never happen but how awesome would it be if Pebble Beach  were to become a stroke play course. Overall grade B+

Good news! Pebble Beach will be open as a stroke play course! In 2015...

• TeeWade
    1,216 Posts
    Thu, Jan 27 2011 11:39 AM

I was under the impression that those were the courses for the upcoming U.S. Opens'.??

• SgtDoodles
    3,112 Posts
    Sat, Jan 29 2011 4:46 AM

TeeWade:

I was under the impression that those were the courses for the upcoming U.S. Opens'.??

In the section in the USGA championship zone there's future courses. It says there Pebble Beach for 2015. I think they'll add CC tournaments or something for the next PB US open.

Doodles

• PeterHopper
    1,315 Posts
    Sat, Jan 29 2011 7:49 AM

LOL. 4 years away. I trust there will be a couple of other full courses between the Congressional and PB.

• PAGES
RSS