Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Enticing members into CC Tournys

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jan 17 2011 8:11 PM (2 replies)
  • nanstar
    4,914 Posts
    Thu, Jan 13 2011 4:16 PM

Have just started as a cc owner and find getting players to participate in our tournaments is not easy.Have tried free ones,cheap ones and dearer ones,ctt hole & stroke play with only limited success...any ideas or thoughts would be most appreciated..tyvm

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Thu, Jan 13 2011 11:51 PM

If they don't get involved in any way, then kick them out.

• nanstar
    4,914 Posts
    Fri, Jan 14 2011 2:19 AM

Thanx piztaker.You're right..and the clean out has made room for newer active members who want to play in club games..the list is short (15) but streamlining it is key!

Cheers mate..I'll send you an invite!

• SgtDoodles
    3,112 Posts
    Fri, Jan 14 2011 7:55 AM

piztaker:

If they don't get involved in any way, then kick them out.

OR you can do the kind thing and tell them about the club tournaments. If still not participating, kick them out!

Doodles

• plim
    1,388 Posts
    Fri, Jan 14 2011 8:56 AM

you'll find  that you get a hardcore of members who will play in comps and are active on the forums the rest see the game as a passing fad and join and are sleeping members. i remove players who are inactive for a length of time within the club or wgt  if you can get 30 or 40 active members you have a solid base for a CC. get people involved in the club handicap sec,club sec, captain and vice captain, comp sec etc. ask others to organise comps. the interest will grow as well as your CC. all the best

plus try and keep membership to a certain time zone or two. no good having members who are asleep when your on and vice versa.

• nanstar
    4,914 Posts
    Fri, Jan 14 2011 8:43 PM

Thank you very much plim..it's really picking up now..woke this morning to find a new member (from Oz) had created a new tourny with a free sleeve of balls as the prize!

Might be a future captain or club sec in the making...cheers to you

• nanstar
    4,914 Posts
    Fri, Jan 14 2011 8:52 PM

Thanks Doodles,yes I was kind,all had plenty of time/notice etc. before their .. retirements so to speak..my friends list is shorter now tho..lol!

• Ballbusterbob
    27 Posts
    Mon, Jan 17 2011 8:11 PM

Getting everyone involved with responsibilities is a good idea . As a new owner I would like to post info on our forum and have it go out to each member . There's no need to go to the forum everyday and posting events in advance would help also . Don't want to deplete credits beating up on each other but rather use them against other clubs . Some aren't as competitve and will lose interest if they can't win ... we still have jobs , families etc.

RSS