Help › Forums

Re: Help with new putter

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jul 12 2009 6:46 PM (4 replies)
  • Futures
    79 Posts
    Sat, Jul 11 2009 10:46 AM

WGT:

I just purchased the new Taylor Made putter. With all due respect, I can tell that the distance power is weaker than my Tour Starter putter.  What I mean, specifically is this: I am finding now that all putts require me to bring the swing meter further out to the left as compared to my Tour Starter putter.   Now I have to adjust and re-learn all distances that I have learned using the Tour Starter putter.

Could we PLEASE have either: 1) a trial period with a new product, or 2) a trade back system if we find we don't like a  product we buy?  I feel that I wasted 4.00 on this new putter (hoping it would be an upgrade but now won't use because I am too used to my Tour Starter putter distance control. 

I never thought buying a new putter would equate to time spent in all this distance re-learning. 

Thanks, Futures (player eager to continue to purhcase and upgrade)

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Sat, Jul 11 2009 10:57 AM

http://www.wgt.com/forums/p/3179/15410.aspx#15410

Also, change is good.  You gotta give it more time to get accustomed too it.  I have the Ping Anser and I'm still adjusting to a 15ft meter as well.  These putters are miles ahead of the Tour Starter, don't give up just yet.

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Sat, Jul 11 2009 1:16 PM

I am too used to my Tour Starter putter distance control.  You will be ten times better with the new putter when you use it a week!

• Flyinturtle
    262 Posts
    Sun, Jul 12 2009 1:31 AM

i bought the spyder first as well befor i knew the difference in yardage and i hated it got used to it a lil bit then found out the anser's yardage's bought it and like it alot better.

• Futures
    79 Posts
    Sun, Jul 12 2009 6:46 PM

NEVER MIND:

I APOLOGIZE.....THE NEW PUTTER JUST TOOK SOME GETTING USED TO.  I LIKE IT NOW.  SORRY WGT

RSS