Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Pitch Shot Help

rated by 0 users
Thu, Aug 13 2009 2:46 PM (3 replies)
  • mefw
    1 Posts
    Thu, Jul 9 2009 3:42 PM

Ball in the rough about 9 yards to pin , ball is sitting 30/40. Now I read a tips post which said to you should hit the ball further. As in club range is 16 yards pin is 9 yards to get the 9 yards if I read the tip correctly, you had to hit at 3/4 power which is 12 yards for the 16 yard club.  I powered up to about the 3/4 power mark, stopped the bar dead centre no hook or slice. The ball went about 3 yards.! This part of the game is killing me....

I've played all the Tiger Woods games , with mouse swing and got that good at it over 10 rounds, I would have chipped into the hole about 9 or 10 times from the rough. I would look at the power of the club say 30 yards the pin would be 15 yards, I would draw my mouse back until my club was about half way up the swing and bring it back through. This worked very well for judging shots.

On here I have a bar to guide me to how much power I will get , yet even when the marker is back on its way down and I stop it dead centre for a perfect hit, the ball will hardly move.

Its driving me nuts , help please ..

• scoresby
    158 Posts
    Thu, Jul 9 2009 4:25 PM

Methinks you are "chipping", not "pitching".

Here's a guide which was put together by one of our more helpful souls;

Chipping / Pitching Guide

Cheers,

• iconian
    599 Posts
    Fri, Jul 10 2009 8:15 PM

hi

9 yards in 30/40 = about 12 yards chip = np

if it went 3 yards....i have no idea..next time this happens, save a replay and post on my profile:)

was there any uphill or downhill?

• sealseal
    67 Posts
    Thu, Aug 13 2009 2:46 PM

If im in rough doing a pitch shot, I usually hit the bottom of the golf ball which puts back spin on it, but it gets you onto the green and goes a pretty good distance.

RSS