Help › Forums

Re: Beta-Blockers?

Mon, Nov 22 2010 6:56 PM (8 replies)
  • YancyCan
    3,027 Posts
    Mon, Nov 22 2010 8:22 AM

Hello - My name is Yancy

I am having some putting issues ATM.

I read once about the tour pros using Beta-Blockers. However, I am just a common man and I have no idea what they be or if there be any restrictables on using these. Just want to do the right thing.

Anyone who has any info re. these please post.

Sincerely, Yancy

• seanobrien
    296 Posts
    Mon, Nov 22 2010 8:43 AM

Beta blockers in real life were pills that slowed your heart rate down. Don't know if there is anything by the same name to help with this game

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Mon, Nov 22 2010 9:00 AM

Surely but the Beta Blockers of which you heard are what TP's issue to their o pponents to make them need many wee wees' in-game.This creates a feeling of acute anxiety and results in them taking their laptops with them to the dunny which is how come a TP can never lose a game ever.And its all down to Beta Blockers,On Sale on my profile now £9.99 a pair,or just $3 more to go large and get the extreme Omega supplement.

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Mon, Nov 22 2010 9:05 AM

hey theres some weird shizzle going on here.

First I pressed delete by mistake and got told that no children would be deleted.Geez,Widget really takes this stuff serious huh?Under what circumcisions do children actually get deleted then?and who chooses the kid?

But I wanted to observe that Yancy,you have as many posts as one of my wedges is 105,and the next man he has 112 which is another wedge  have. I cant believe my luck and tonight have to buy some lottery tickets because things just dont come in threes for no reasons I suspect.

• Fata
    116 Posts
    Mon, Nov 22 2010 3:10 PM

Ain't it called Proshot?  For the perfect hit each time.  Only $5.95 iirc.

• mohuyu
    891 Posts
    Mon, Nov 22 2010 4:39 PM

YancyCan:

Hello - My name is Yancy

I am having some putting issues ATM.

I read once about the tour pros using Beta-Blockers. However, I am just a common man and I have no idea what they be or if there be any restrictables on using these. Just want to do the right thing.

Anyone who has any info re. these please post.

Sincerely, Yancy

I don't know about you but the only type of beta-blocker I heard of was the one taken by people with irregular heart rates, recovering from heart attacks or with high blood pressure. Something along those lines... If you are sure these will help my golf swing in rl or in wgt - I could possibly lay my hands on some...

• YancyCan
    3,027 Posts
    Mon, Nov 22 2010 5:44 PM

mohuyu:

I don't know about you but the only type of beta-blocker I heard of was the one taken by people with irregular heart rates, recovering from heart attacks or with high blood pressure. Something along those lines... If you are sure these will help my golf swing in rl or in wgt - I could possibly lay my hands on some...

My friend Medford Mel just emailed me this informationals:

There is clear evidence from many controlled trials in the past 25 years that beta blockers are effective in anxiety disorders, though the mechanism of action is not known Some people have used beta blockers for performance enhancement, and especially to combat 'performance anxiety'. In particular, musicians, public speakers, actors, and professional dancers, have been known to use beta blockers to avoid stage fright and tremor during public performance and especially auditions. The physiological symptoms of the fight/flight response associated with performance anxiety and panic (pounding heart, cold/clammy hands, increased respiration, sweating, etc.) are significantly reduced, thus enabling anxious individuals to concentrate on the task at hand. Stutterers also use beta blockers to avoid fight/flight responses, hence reducing the tendency to stutter. Officially, beta blockers are not approved for anxiolytic use by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.[30]

Since they promote a lower heart rate and reduce tremor, beta blockers have been used by some Olympic marksmen to enhance performance, though beta blockers are banned by the International Olympic Committee (IOC).[31] Although they have no recognisable benefit to most sports, it is acknowledged that they are beneficial to sports such as archery and shooting. A recent, high-profile transgression took place in the 2008 Summer Olympics, where 50 metre pistol silver medallist and 10 metre air pistol bronze medallist Kim Jong-su tested positive for propranolol and was stripped of his medal.

I only got me Grade10 so....... I gots to work thru this stuff.

Your Friend, Yancy

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Mon, Nov 22 2010 6:48 PM

Just thought of something related....

Isn't WGT Beta?

• Yappy22
    733 Posts
    Mon, Nov 22 2010 6:56 PM

Do they sell this stuff in the PRO-SHOP????

RSS