Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Is it possible to get a hole in one?

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jun 22 2009 8:37 AM (7 replies)
  • DavidBenson
    1 Posts
    Sun, Jun 21 2009 3:13 PM

Whenever I get close to a hole in one, the ball just hits the flagstick. Is that normal, or is there a way to get a hole in one in WGT?

• dbaum23
    25 Posts
    Mon, Jun 22 2009 12:04 AM

Same here, I hit the flagstick on the roll.  Slow roll at that and it just sits against the flagstick.  Says .25 from the hole.   ???

• iconian
    599 Posts
    Mon, Jun 22 2009 4:04 AM

is it indeed possible. check my replays of eagles.

i also had 2 hole in ones but it has been a while:)

• bluescouse
    1,185 Posts
    Mon, Jun 22 2009 5:34 AM

Got two aces in one round yesterday but they don't really count as it was the closest the hole comp at Kiawah. Broke 80 for the first time ever though.

Sean :-)

• Ruggedcoast
    1 Posts
    Mon, Jun 22 2009 5:43 AM

I've also had a hole-in-one on a closest to the pin challenge - there is a replay of it saved on my profile.

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Mon, Jun 22 2009 5:54 AM

There's a big difference between Closest to Hole 'Hole in One' and Stroke Play 'Hole in One'.

In the Closest to Hole variety I have 97.

In Stroke Play I have 4.

See what I mean? :)

• bluescouse
    1,185 Posts
    Mon, Jun 22 2009 8:22 AM

Way to steal my thunder Tibbets - thanks a lot! ;-)

If you want to get back in my good books, talk me through how you play the third at Kiawah closest the hole. It ruins my score almost every round, and if I can get it inside 15 feet I'm delighted. Generally I just go with the club I'm given (4 iron), aim way left with full power, and try to hit just before the sweet spot.

Go on, you can tell me - it won't go no further!

Good luck in the Open buddy.

Sean 

• bluescouse
    1,185 Posts
    Mon, Jun 22 2009 8:37 AM

You're doing well to be hitting the flagstick given your limited experience David. I couldn't even hit a green on my first day!

Sean

RSS