Forums

Help › Forums

Re: One put percentage

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jun 20 2009 7:16 PM (1 replies)
  • bowl818
    12 Posts
    Fri, Jun 19 2009 6:35 PM

Hi everyone!  I'm curious to know what everyone thinks is the biggest help for increasing your one put percentage.  I see more than a few pros and masters that have 30-50% + one puts on their stats sheets.  I've been able to reach more greens and get approach shots to within 10-30 feet most of the time.  But those are still hard puts to sink!  So here's your chance to help us newbs put better!  What are your secrets to one putting??

Obviously reading the green, gauging the power on the put and hitting your mark is important.  I'm just wondering if the top pros and  masters have such a high percentage because they keep landing approach shots to within 3-6 feet??

Thanks all in advance for your replies!

Bowl818

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sat, Jun 20 2009 7:16 PM

bowl818:

....I've been able to reach more greens and get approach shots to within 10-30 feet most of the time...

...I'm just wondering if the top pros and  masters have such a high percentage because they keep landing approach shots to within 3-6 feet??

Heyas Bowl... you just answered your own question, mate.  I keep going back to the scorecard for tibbets 62.  I don't know if it's still posted or not, but if it is, look at his putts.

1 two-putt and 1 hole-out... the rest are one putts.  You can only do that by throwing darts at the pin and getting in tight.

Had he two-putted everthing, he would have posted an 80.... something to think about.

RSS