Forums

Help › Forums

Our 2 cents on the updates.

rated by 0 users
Thu, Oct 28 2010 12:39 PM (0 replies)
  • Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Thu, Oct 28 2010 12:39 PM

Hey everyone. Yoda here with some comments on the new updates. I know there are various posts in various threads about the different upgrades recently installed. So I figured I would create one thread that could cover everything. And I encourage everybody to throw in your 2 cents here as well. So here is a list of everything that I have either used or going to use in the future and what I think of them. I have also included a point scale on which I graded everything. 1 being poor and 10 being awesome.

1. Halloween and Legend golf balls.

The Halloween balls were obviously not needed. And at 149 credits pretty expensive but being as they are for a limited time only and Halloween is one of my favorite holidays, I will be buying as many as I can afford. And being as they have a magenta vapor trail I thought it would be pretty cool to use. Thankfully they have the same attributes as the GI-SD vapor balls. I do understand why everyone thinks it was a waste of time putting this out when they could of done something else that the masses really wanted. Having said that I am happy with them and will enjoy using them. Now the Legend balls I cannot really comment on these being as I am only a master. Although I did notice when they first introduced the legend balls they only had one color. White! I am happy to see they have all the colors now available with these balls. As far as how they are in play, I will leave that to a legend to describe. 7/10

2. Snacks

This is actually a good idea "in my opinion". Just wish they would of had this available when I was actually at a much lower level. Because now being at level 63 and nearly half way to level 64 I don't really see much incentive in purchasing this. I just upgraded all of my clubs to master clubs and their isn't really too much more that I see I want. I mean currently you can only get so high in levels before the levels don't really matter. And to be honest I'm very close to that point. Aside from maybe a putter and maybe a driver what's the advantage of being at levels +75. But anyways I do think this is going to help the people  at the lower levels. But I highly doubt I will be purchasing many snacks just for the simple reason that I just stated above. Hardly any incentive for being that high in levels. At least right now there isn't. 5/10

3. New driver and clubs.

I saw that there is a new R9 driver that has a rating of 280yds in distance. I guess this would be good for legends combined with the legend balls. Now it does have a pretty fast swing meter but this is one of the two things that I will be trying to work towards as I get higher in levels. Not sure how it performs, distance wise, with the legend balls, back on the champion tee's, but I am curious. So if anybody could comment on it, that would be great. And how about those new Tour Pro Plus (I think they are called) clubs. The set is over 5000 credits!! Very expensive if you ask me. I don't understand why such a high price tag. I mean I know WGT is trying to make money just like every other buisness but that seems kind of outrageous. As far as performance I'll let somebody else comment on that as well. I'm sure they perform as well as other clubs in the same range but I just don't know that for sure. 5/10

4. Taylor Made Ghost putter

When I read in the news this morning about their being a new putter I was super excited. And "ghost" putter just sounds cool. So I mosey on over to the pro shop and I found it to have the same attributes as the 2010 edition Redwood putter. Now I have the other Redwood putter so I guess this would be a slight step up but I was hoping for a bigger step. I also noticed it costs a couple more hundred credits than the Redwood but not too sure as to why. The brand? That's the only thing I can think of. But anyways that is the other item I will be working towards. It does have a faster swing meter than what I have now but I'm not too concerned with that. I also like the look and design of it. 8/10

5. Shot clock

I am very happy to see that WGT has now included the coveted 60 second clock in MP games. 30 was too short and 90 was too long. 10/10

6. Re-match button in Blitz mode.

Thank you WGT. Every once in a while I come across a player that I compete with and either win or lose to by just a couple hundred points. Once I won by a astounding 27 points. And when this happens you hate going through the whole thing to set up another game. You just want to get right down to it. So this is a big plus. 10/10

7. Money payment on your mobile phone.

Personally, I don't really care about this. I hate cell phones and would never use it to purchase anything on the web. Having said that I guess this is a good thing. I won't really comment on this anymore because it really doesn't apply to me. I'll let that to somebody else. */10

So there is my 2 cents on pretty much everything. Overall if I were grading everything and taking into consideration on how many people each upgrade effects compared to what, for the most part, everybody really wanted I would give it a 4/10. Don't get me wrong. I do like the putter and the Halloween balls. And I do like the snacks. But I just don't see anything that the masses really wanted. Maybe the shot clock. There were quite a few people that wanted that. But all of the above things could of waited a bit in replace of a new stroke play course. Or bringing Oakmont to the CC's. Or just brand new clubs for higher leveled players. And I think the biggest thing is this. (In my opinion of course) You say you want feedback on various things. Well, we give feedback, good and bad, but thats it for the most part. Their is no keeping us informed as to what you guys have in store. Yeah there is a a roadmap. But how old is that? And is that the same roadmap that you would give today? I guess what we would all like is just some more communication as to what we have in store for the coming months. Is there a new course coming in the near future? If so how would you define "near future"? And what about some of the other suggestions that not only I have but many others have suggested? I really do think that some of us have some pretty good ideas. We would just like some feedback on these ideas as to why or why not they would be implemented. Anyways as I have said in the past overall great game. Keep up the great work and please try to keep us informed as much as possible. Because if you do then that would create more happy people and happy people means more money in your pockets. Thank you for listening and to my fellow golfers the above opinions are mine and are not neccesarily yours. So please try not to pick apart everything I said. If I got a fact wrong, then please pick apart, just not my opinions.       -Master Yoda

RSS