Help › Forums

Re: Another newbie

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jun 19 2009 1:54 PM (3 replies)
  • chiselsnemesis
    5 Posts
    Wed, Jun 17 2009 6:50 PM

Hello to all golfers everywhere.

Born on "the glorious 4th", I sometimes got a free beer in Wash. state where I frequently played...mostly The Olympic Peninsula.

At age 70 I can't physically play anymore due to health...although I had over fifty good years on courses in many parts of the world, thanks to service in RCN.

Like many others my age, I'm grateful for websites like this, although putting and driving

are too simillar to my real life experiences. (I'm a regular player of TW 08..PC ver.),

where I can hit my 2W 350 yards and get within the magic circle most of the time while putting.

I realize some may take this  as unfair commentary on this site...but no slight intended,

just my own opinion.

The following describes my hardware:

HP 752 Multimedia-Pent IV-2Gig Processor-2Gigs Ram-Intel Nvidia 6200 Graphics

LG Flatron 22" Monitor @2ms response rate.

As I'm at the low end in hardware , I'm reluctant to play with partners online due to slow

play,which most golfers hate.

I'm certainly not shy and look forward to meeting many of you.

P.S. The only risky behaviour I indulge in these days is the odd beer with my buddies...

that would be 1 3 5 7 9 etc. and going for the green when I know I shouldn't.

Tnx all for your indulgence

Forgot to mention... I live in B.C. on Vancouver Island. (Many great tracks up here

and way less snow than most of the lower 48.)

• Tamaj13
    2 Posts
    Wed, Jun 17 2009 9:13 PM

Good to meet you and glad you have found another outlet for your passion. I'm brand new here as well and really don't play much of anything online, but this game may change that :). Look forward to a game sometime, regardless of slow play.

Tamaj13

• chiselsnemesis
    5 Posts
    Thu, Jun 18 2009 5:03 PM

tnx for kind response Taj

pls leave message when best times are for you

I'm in PDT zone, retired and avail. most hours.

Tnx again...you're my 1st and only response so far.

• Tjenx
    1 Posts
    Fri, Jun 19 2009 1:54 PM

Hey nice to meet you I live in wash on the eastern half, but have friends in Seattle and have been to Vancouver Island very pretty.

I don't play very well but have fun trying.  Nice to see a game work fairly well.

RSS