Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Pro Shop

rated by 0 users
Thu, Oct 28 2010 3:19 AM (1 replies)
  • austinxavier
    21 Posts
    Thu, Oct 28 2010 2:34 AM

In case no one has noticed yet, WGT has finally add a new driver for the legends. Not sure as to how well it's going to work, but would be interested to know. FYI it's for lever 80 and higher. Please let me know how you pioneers of this great game feel about the new equipment...........

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Thu, Oct 28 2010 3:19 AM

The new legend ball is decent.  It's better than the last one, bringing it about to where it should be.  WGT was supposed to be doing us a favor with the legend ball, and it looks like they've finally somewhat accomplished that as opposed to tossing us some April Fool's joke ball at us.  It's not going to make up the distance, but at least it's not a piece of junk.  Would've liked to see .5 more spin, but I'm happy to see any improvement.

Ball Improvements: 7/10 (.5 more spin would make me rate the changes 9/10)

Would've liked to see 3-4 more yards on the driver.  I can't get the new one just yet (I'm level 78, and it's level 80,) but that's the impression that I get from looking at it. On the other hand, TM's can get the driver too, so it's not going to do much in terms of closing the handicap gap, which makes me not inclined to complain about it too much.

Driver Improvement: 8/10 (would've liked to see a tiny bit more yardage, but does nothing to close the handicap gap, so I don't care too much; it will give me a chance of getting on KIA #11 in two and driving STA #9, so I plan on buying it)

I have no plans on getting the new putter, seeing how it has the same exact stats as the 2010 Redwood ZB, except for very minor differences in the putting distances.  If it were 15, 30, 45, 60, 90, 120, 150, 300, I might actually consider it.  Seeing as how I play with an extremely precise distance control method, even that would only be a tiny benefit.  The Daytona Rosa is still going to be in my bag. where it will probably be for a long time.

New Putter: 0/10 (hardly anyone is going to buy it;  not a wise economical choice compared to alternative putters)

The snacks are too expensive for the benefit given, especially the 20% one.  I don't consider putting them in a bad idea, but the simple fact is that hardly any are going to be sold at the current prices.

Snacks: 0/10 (nobody is going to buy them at these prices -- maybe if prices were lowered by 50% for the 5% ones, up to 75% for the 20% ones)

RSS