Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Hole #2

Wed, Jun 17 2009 10:08 AM (3 replies)
  • Gcock107
    1 Posts
    Tue, Jun 16 2009 7:26 AM

Is it possible to hold this green with the apprach shot? I have hit as low as 7 iron with full backspin on the screws....landed it on the from fringe and it still rolls through. I have played it to bounce in the rough and it only comes out 50% of the time.

• Thetruth67
    158 Posts
    Tue, Jun 16 2009 7:43 AM

It is possible to hold the green and have a reasonable putt for birdie.  You have to land it on the front rough and let it trickle down towards the hole.  I usually have a putt of 10 - 25 feet when executed correctly, but I have been as close as 4.5 feet and as far as 35 ft.  Error on the side of long because the 9-10 yard chip from the back of the green is  very makeable.

• oghackdaddy
    6 Posts
    Wed, Jun 17 2009 5:49 AM

Best bet is to hit to the back fringe and chip in. If you get a little lucky you'll be a tad short and putting but the chip from the back is also a good birdie op.

• ToughCool
    70 Posts
    Wed, Jun 17 2009 10:08 AM

I agree oghackdaddy. I usually hit to the middle and then try and hole that back chip. The times I have gotten a clean birdie putt were just a matter of getting a good bounce out of the front rough. Sometimes it bounces, sometimes it sticks. I'd rather go long..easier chip.

RSS