Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Changes I Would Like

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jun 14 2009 11:06 PM (5 replies)
  • Hotwir3
    63 Posts
    Thu, Jun 11 2009 2:13 PM

Alright, players all over are complaining about the course being too long but yet it makes for more realistic scores.  What I would like to see is clubs that hit farther, but are harder to hit straight.  I would like to see the tour starters (most forgiveable) with the forgiveness of the Pings and everything else even less forgiveable.  This could potentially make a lot of players upset because the stuttering would be an even bigger issue.  

Driving: Driving in this game is simply too easy.  Missing the fairway is a joke.  DRIVING IS NOT AN EASY PART OF GOLF.  How many times do we see Tiger not take a driver off the tee so he can increaes his percentages of putting it in the fairway?  Drivers should be less forgiveable, but given longer range, thus making for shots out of the rough and keeping us from being in the fairway EVERY TIME.  The top pro this year in driving accuracy is at 75% (http://www.pgatour.com/r/stats/info/xm.html?102).  I don't consider myself a top tier player and I hit 90%.  Tibbets hits 94.5% of fairways.

Irons:  Making irons less forgiving would keep us away from having so many scoring opportunities with fewer <15 foot putts.  To make up for this, give us a bit more spin.

Short game:  Putting is just fine.  Short game shots overall are fine except for the utter lack of loft in the chips.  

Lie:  I think another factor that could be added to wind condition is the slope we are on when hitting.  A right to left slope will draw the ball a bit and a left to right slope will fade the ball a bit.  A down slope will give a longer shot with more roll (low trajectory) and an up slope will shorten the shot a tiny bit and give the ball a lot of bite (high trajectory).  As of now, the lie we are on does not affect the shot at all.  If we are on a huge up slope and chipping, the game thinks we are on flat and will just chip it into the slope.

What We Want:  Golf is a challenging sport.  All we want is to have a challenging game that is realistic and makes us feel like the pros.  Right now we are driving the ball as far as I hit when I was 13.  We want to be able to hit as far as the pros, but make everything less forgiveable.  The top PGA pro is on the green in regulation only 71% of the time (http://www.pgatour.com/r/stats/info/wm1.html?103).  Meanwhile, tibbets is on 82% of the time, and many greens he can't even reach!!! 

Conclusion:  Give us longer range but make all clubs less forgiving laterally, except the putter.

• Sandbagger2k
    1 Posts
    Thu, Jun 11 2009 4:47 PM

the one thing i like to see is when we play multi player games that we all play from the same tee that way it all equal yardage for all

• brandi35
    295 Posts
    Fri, Jun 12 2009 12:24 AM

Is that what happens on the real golf course??  Y'all have the same handicap? Remember this is a virtual game, that is pretty real & fun  IMP.......You play from different tee's based on your average, that is the way this game goes

Nice name by the way....

• ncviz
    527 Posts
    Fri, Jun 12 2009 4:24 AM

I couldn't disagree more with making the irons less forgiving. I have just about every set there is, and have tried both the pings and tm. If I had to play this game with those I would leave shortly after. Personally I don't come here to get frustrated. There are ways to make this hard and challenging yet enjoyable without resulting to a pixel off and your done attitude with foregiveness.

• Hotwir3
    63 Posts
    Sun, Jun 14 2009 6:48 PM

With irons that are less forgiving, the longer distances means you're hitting an 8 iron instead of a 5.  It's a way to balance the demand for longer distances.

• smokeysslave
    2 Posts
    Sun, Jun 14 2009 11:06 PM

Hotwir3 says 'Short game shots overall are fine except for the utter lack of loft in the chips,' but how to explain pitching into a 20mph wind, elevation up 5 yds, 14 yds to pin, w/ a wedge showing 15 yds rating, full strength on the swing meter, and having my shot end up 5 yds past the pin?   This kind of thing has occurred 3 or 4 times just this evening.  What gives?

RSS