Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Par 5, 13th at BPB..problem on 3rd shot.

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jun 14 2009 10:02 PM (8 replies)
  • ToughCool
    70 Posts
    Tue, Jun 9 2009 8:46 AM

I'm having some issues and I'm not sure if anyone else is noticing this. Maybe it is how the hole plays but I haven't noticed this in the past. The last 4 times I have played I have been in the fairway with a strongish wind right to left...this last time 10 mph. I put my cursor over to about the edge of the green and hit. The last two times I have hit it flush..even with the line. In both cases not only did the ball not come back to the hole but went further right...against the wind. This makes no sense to me and from the rough over there they screw you on those shots. It's frustrating to hit the right shot and then get a different computer outcome. Especially if you hit out onto a fringe that should allow some roll and it grabs it like deep rough. It's b.s. This last time I was even and walked away with a double bogey. It screws up a round..especially after hitting a shot that was good.

Sorry to complain, but it is something like this that is frustrating for someone just above the cut..72..and trying to have fun making it. I had a perfect putt from the fringe on #9. it hit the flag stick barely going and bounced out. Then this after working hard and parring the first holes on the back 9. The whole time to play a round has become a little less fun at times knowing that at any point I might get into a situation that the game won't let you fix. For those of us that are on the edge of doing well it makes it an effort.

• uwsublime
    3 Posts
    Fri, Jun 12 2009 5:47 AM

It's not just this hole, though there may be a more common issue on this hole (I haven't seen it).  On any shot of any hole the ball can come off of the club in any random direction, even when the perfect line is hit.  This is not a common occurrance, but I've seen it plenty.  My co-worker has blasted it into the water on 17 of Kiawah at least twice when making flush contact with the ball and aiming well left of the hole.  This seems to happen quite frequently on putts.

Another possibility is that if you are coming in at an odd angle sometimes the wind directions are *very* different from the zoomed in view and the zoomed out view.  The problem is that the zoomed in view always comes from the same angle while your zoomed out actual shot view can be from different angles.  I'm not sure how accurately the wind gage accounts for this.  It would be very nice if the zoom in view was from the same angle as your shot, but I doubt that is technically feasible.

I also agree wholeheartedly about that stupid patch of "fairway" in front of the green on 13.  You can land inches from the green and the ball will just plain stick.  This leaves very little room for error on your approach.

• ToughCool
    70 Posts
    Fri, Jun 12 2009 9:51 AM

The fringe thing really gets me. You are supposed to be able to run it up there...it should slow down but not grab it like a 40-50% rough. It's ridiculous.

• LtHolmes
    6 Posts
    Sun, Jun 14 2009 11:31 AM

game mechanics are bad by design, if enough people purchase the upgraded clubs they might do a temp fix untill they can find another way to scam us out of our real dollars

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sun, Jun 14 2009 11:59 AM

if it's a scam, why are you continuing to play?  odd.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Sun, Jun 14 2009 12:52 PM

If it's a scam it's one of the lowest price scams ever!  What?!  Like 10 bucks for new clubs.  I think the makers of this online game have the right to make a little profit to support the site.  Did you think they all go to work in San Francisco every day just for the fun of it and at night live in a box in an alley?

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Sun, Jun 14 2009 9:04 PM

Hi Doublem...

Couldnt have said it better myself.

Cheers Doug

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Sun, Jun 14 2009 9:50 PM

From looking at the clubs in your bag Holmes, they only made a dollar off you!

• Zippy-Pivot
    257 Posts
    Sun, Jun 14 2009 10:02 PM

Blue......you kill me.....laughed so hard my stomach hurts.................lol. If you can make shots like that on the course, you'd be dangerous!!

RSS