Forums

Help › Forums

Re: What we Need

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jun 17 2009 6:11 AM (8 replies)
  • targetnut
    9 Posts
    Thu, Jun 4 2009 4:08 PM

I am not one to "complain" without offering any solution or assistance, be part of the solution. I am not writing this to complain. I know there are bugs and faults in the program. This is only Bata. so:

I would like to see some documentation as to how it is supposed to work, like the Manuel. How am I supposed to know until it happens 3 times and ruins my round to perceive or mis perceive there is a bug. I have reported two so far, if I'm right and will continue. I hope we all are. I for one will use the practice rounds as often as I can to work with all the variations to learn how they work and know how to use them, help my percption of the game. One thing I wish we had was the ability to repeat a shot, in practice rounds or as previously suggested a driving range and I will add a practice putting green too. I am looking to find "the bar"; once I do I will have to practice to keep it. If you don't use it you loss it. 

I know I have an attitude at the moment as the last bug ruined a perfect round on the 8th hole. So, I am going to go chase real golf balls and have a cold beer or two and change my attitude. I hope this helps. See ya on the flip side.

Great Golf and Have  Good one!

targetnut

• jcksnghst
    71 Posts
    Thu, Jun 4 2009 4:20 PM

until the variances are removed this game will remain as is.......... what rattles me is it is a "beta" in name only. even after "helping out" it seems that made no difference in playability. i could care less who "wins" or who is the low man around. i would like an enjoyable round where WHEN ONE DOES HIT THE umm ...... CENTER, IT DOES WHAT YOU'VE LINED THE BALL UP TO DO. when one hits the center and it bounds off the planet then some one is a JERK. Plain and simple. if this or another jerk is trying to use the beast to tame certain low men, then they forget how many hours they put in. like T.W. you can break his legs and he'll still win. the solution is in the program. keep up the good work, and watch it die. WGT, if you don't think some one is watching this site and seeing it's ......progress, then think again. got a good thing but keep messing it up and another will come and live up to the promise that is embedded in this game. (this was complaining)

• targetnut
    9 Posts
    Thu, Jun 4 2009 6:05 PM

jcknghst,

First let me say thank you for responding. Being new I have no understanding the past or "variances". I will say I know there is a ghost in the machine. Something is messing with me.

So it sounds as though you have been complaining for a while perhaps. I don't know the effect of any tactics here at the moment. I want a virtual golf game that is real, I can manipulate with feel and is consistent in the results. If that matches the goal here we might be alright. One thing I do know is there is a community of like minded people that like golf. So, again I say thank you for you response.

Great Golf

targetnut

• reidhanson
    49 Posts
    Thu, Jun 4 2009 7:38 PM

This "beast" does need to be eliminated. Real life physics don't behave that way.  If it continues I guarantee that when the Tiger Woods site launches this fall I'll be long gone.

• targetnut
    9 Posts
    Fri, Jun 5 2009 10:00 AM

Today I can say I have the yips. I am premature or not at all getting the mouse to click. I am not surprised as there are enough things in my life to challenge anyones tenacity; but, I think I know the program is making me do the same thing over and over. In other words the game is controlling the results no mater what I do. Thats OK with me it's a game. A "video" game; that's not what I do. I play golf, I chase golf balls, I want to do what ever I can to make make sure we have golf courses before we pave everything. Play on them, go to them, practice on them, have fun with my friends on them, play in the tournaments. Real ones.

I think I will go do something more about that today. Last words today: "This game should serve me" ???

• jcksnghst
    71 Posts
    Fri, Jun 5 2009 12:19 PM

As for the qoute at the end of your reply I have no clue.

The yips will happen yes. There is timing envolved, but it does seem to vary. This factor could be from several sources of course, i.e. comp, isp, servers, program, human input, etc. A wired mouse is key. I used a wireless for long time and could get by. Due to frustration, I have changed to using the buttons of a touch-pad on a quick 17"  laptop. I had immediate results. I really don't think, or at least I suppress the thought, that it is intentionally programmed to "mess" with us. I too have many years in the game. The greens is what I love about this game. But it rakes me raw when it varies as it does. There should be NO variances on the greens.

I apologize for being so rash in my post, but it is frustrating.

• targetnut
    9 Posts
    Tue, Jun 16 2009 7:58 PM

Sorry to have been away for a while. Much garden work to do right now. I have been trying to improve my average by playing the same 9 holes.

I am now complaining. The swing bar is none functional!!!!! I run a 64 bit/dual core/Vista computer. Do not tell me the jumping and hesitation in the swing meter is on me. It has runined too many great rounds for me and caused way to many three putts. If anything needs to be done now. This is it. I do have an attitude and I am keeping it. Till next time. Have fun!!?

1,644 Posts
    Wed, Jun 17 2009 4:20 AM

Targetnut,

Check out these tips, click here  I use three out of four of the tips and it works great for me, not many stuttering issues in single player anymore.  And I have a machine at minimum specs.

Hope this helps, but yes it may still be on your machine.

Lee

• ChristopherRouss
    133 Posts
    Wed, Jun 17 2009 6:11 AM

Ghost in the Machine?  You mean maybe.....  some angry player got sick of the game and maybe hid a virus here?  No...  nothing like that could ever happen online?  I try to wipe my cache clean every day I play here otherwise it slows my computer down.....  so yah there are bugs and everything just like in every other online game....  Maybe if we had better, stronger, faster computers the game would play better for us.

RSS