Re: Yea, baby.. thank you WGT!!!

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jun 6 2009 1:01 AM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • BleedMarshall
    26 Posts
    Fri, Jun 5 2009 3:59 PM
    WGTalex:

In our next release, we are planning to move Pros to the middle tees and make clubs that hit farther accessible to Pros and Masters.

OK, but are we going to have to pay/buy for these clubs, or are they going to be upgrades to our clubs we have already? If we have to buy the clubs, then it points to the notion that this is a money racket and not a fix. However if they are the same as the clubs we have [those of us who have never bought clubs and still have the ones equipped from the start of signup] and the difference is distance, then it is a good start to a fix and not a money racket.

The way things are now upgrading my clubs are not the answer. A simple 10 yrd. added in distance is not what is the problem, or at least the main problem.When you go up in tier you ability to hit farther should go up accordingly. Thus at Pro level my driver should not hit 225 at best, but more like 245 average. The 3 wood should go to a 225 and so on. At Pro the holes each grew farther by 20 yards, so the clubs should as well.

• Hotwir3
    63 Posts
    Fri, Jun 5 2009 5:27 PM

I imagine the update will be after the Virutal US Open ends.

• backspin63
    67 Posts
    Fri, Jun 5 2009 11:06 PM

come on guys! you cant expect a generic club to be as good as a brand name! this site does take money to keep it running, so this is the reason for the brand name clubs.. If you have made the pro ranking then play, if some where you need to upgrade clubs then drop $6.00 for a driver or get the full set for $17.80 my god its $17.00 dollars! Enjoy the site guys, but dont knock the site administration for generating money for the game site! Has anyone seen what it takes to get a course on this site for play? Money has to come from somewhere!!! Its not a racket.. think about it. In a real world situation, a set of clubs bought at Wallmart for $129.00 in no way out perform or keep up with a brand name set! yes this is Virtual golf and not real, but again it takes money to keep it up and running. So if you cant afford six or seventeen dollars, play the game with what you are given for FREE! Stop whining.

• ShawnVanPar
    46 Posts
    Sat, Jun 6 2009 12:08 AM

Ain't that the truth..this game is awesome...its really too good to be free....and a few bucks on clubs isn't asking much imo.

• BleedMarshall
    26 Posts
    Sat, Jun 6 2009 1:01 AM

I have no problem paying for better clubs, but when the clubs add only 10 yards to what you have already, AND we still have to deal with the garbage that is happening like wild slices and shanks, then no club will fix that. Perfect shots are perfect shots, and that is far from the norm. New clubs will not fix an ingame problem.

And again...my problem as stated above was the ability for the Pros to hit farther. We are in the Pro tier now, so why are we still hitting as if we are Hacks? A good player can take junk equipment and still play well, hence why they are a Pro or Master, and that is just no the case here.  Besides that, any jackass that thinks equipment makes for a better player only is wrong. Prime example...I have played guitar for over 26 years, and if you think that I can't get up on stage with a $100 guitar and make it sound like a $3600 Gibson, then you are sadly mistaken. Real players, be it golf, music, football, etc. can make good with cheaper gear.

Besides that...you are right. It is a free site, so it should be free for me to enjoy the game, but I can't since I have to deal with distance, chipping, putting, slices, shanks, and garbage shots no matter how the ball is hit. So I now have to pay to enjoy the free site? Where is the logic in that? It is a free site, and the programmers/developers all knew this when they signed on to do the job. Their job is to also fix the problems that are within the game. Throwing money at a problem des not fix anything, but I bet actually doing something about it will.

No one is whineing. A whine would be that I am a horrible player and can't do jack in the game, and that is not teh case clearly by my stats. The problem is that I see problems that need addressed, and then it seems I am asked to buy and pay and throw good money away for no reason. Fix the problems and make the game better, not easier, but better, and I bet you will see me buy the Tour Starters and a better driver to go with them. Until then I will continue to post about the problems I see that need addressed, and not buy jack.

• PAGES
RSS