Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Lag and Jittery meters?

rated by 0 users
Thu, Sep 23 2010 5:26 PM (6 replies)
  • Palmsy
    2 Posts
    Sat, Sep 18 2010 8:39 PM

what is going on with the jumpy and jittery meters and graphics?

is this a lag issue or what? Its becoming very frsutrating. Im fairly confident its not related to my connection as i have excellent speed and other players have mentione the same issues.

Its very annoying to have decent rounds ruined when the swing meter skips and jitters.

Is this an issue that has been raised and if so is it being worked on? Its only startedhappening to me recently, but im not inclined to be spending anymore money if the game play is gpoing to remain so glitchy.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sat, Sep 18 2010 9:07 PM

I played about a dozen games yesterday and didn't have a single problem. A couple of opponents said they did though. So I guess it must be down to individual PC's, unless they were just making excuses.

• garygun
    80 Posts
    Mon, Sep 20 2010 12:34 PM

I have the same problem. Nothing spoils the enjoyment of a good round than hitting o.b. or losing a ball because of jerky swing meter. Even worse with higher swing meter speeds. Bad enough when you hit meter dead centre and ball flies 30 degrees right or left of where you aimed. I played golf 30+ years & taught my 2 sons to enjoy the experience and not blame the equipment when YOU hit a bad shot. ( Although looking back I could blame my ball when I first started playing. The brand was J100 and at under $3/dozen (new) they probably weren`t quite round and never flew straight. LOL) 

• WYCHEWES
    96 Posts
    Thu, Sep 23 2010 2:58 AM

This point is raised adnauseum here and there are many posts addressing fixes to check out. Have a look around and you will find plenty.

• Johniedino
    786 Posts
    Thu, Sep 23 2010 5:15 AM

piztaker:

I played about a dozen games yesterday and didn't have a single problem. A couple of opponents said they did though. So I guess it must be down to individual PC's, unless they were just making excuses.

Well piztaker you must be the only one in all of wgt that has played "a dozen rounds and didn't have a single problem". Let the rest of the world of wgt in on your secret if youcan.

J

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Thu, Sep 23 2010 10:50 AM

I 've tried the fixes, seem to work okay for a few holes, then back to jitters/etc.  One thing I've noticed that if I take the club back and it does not go back smoothly, I'lll have a jittery meter.

But, this issue is what keeps me from paying for any upgrades, I can't see the point of spending money to lose balls/etc and not be able to score any better...

I've been keeping track of missed putts inside of 10 feet due to the "jitters" for about a week since I started playing BethPage....it cost me 3-4 strokes per 18 holes...frustrating yes....but I can live with some aggrevation as long as it doesn't cost me any money.

• Palmsy
    2 Posts
    Thu, Sep 23 2010 5:26 PM

Agreed, I've downloaded and instaled the latency 'fixes' but regardless its still an issue.

I think considering most of us are paying customers its not too much to expect some kind of answer or  solution.

RSS