Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Realistic club distances

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jun 3 2009 12:41 PM (5 replies)
  • jeltn
    1 Posts
    Sun, May 31 2009 5:52 AM

This game is so bogus!! It could be great if the club distances were more realistic. I can hit a 2 iron 240 yards in real life, but can't get more than 250 with the driver in this game, if it is hit perfect. Chipping around the green is also way to inconsistent. Some times it go off the green sometimes 2 yards.

I could honestly play better in real life on any course in this game that I do on the computer!

• Lysti
    323 Posts
    Sun, May 31 2009 7:22 AM

I hit up in the wind to take me further & avoid it when it's coming at me & I do ok. Chipping is not for me but I have a lot of luck flopping instead,  just aim left of the pin & I have put it in the hole many times.

• mosherkl
    110 Posts
    Mon, Jun 1 2009 12:17 PM

The trick with chipping is to realize the ball DOESN'T fly far in the first place. It's basically a long putt with a wedge. I have almost given up on chipping in most places simply because I'm usually in heavy rough next to the green. A chip is basically driving the ball forward into the grass, not over it. In most of these instances, unless I'm JUST in the heavy rough or am just off the green, I will use a pitch instead. Goes further, but you also have a much larger part of the shot being in the air.

• ToughCool
    70 Posts
    Tue, Jun 2 2009 8:13 AM

Unless you are just off the green it is near impossible to get balls out of the rough from a few feet back...even when I change to pitch or another option is screws me and I just hack it in the grass. I was having my best round ever at BPB and on two holes this horrible feature ruibned my game. Even using your advice the chipping has screwed me on some really good rounds.

• Harvester
    2 Posts
    Wed, Jun 3 2009 8:53 AM

I couldn't agree with you more on this issue.  The club distances are a joke and I am sick of needing driver 3 wood to reach a 400yd par 4.  if I needed that when I play in the real world, I would play from the closer tees.  They claim that the distances are designed for "average" golfers which I find hard to believe but even if it is true, when they bump us up from Hack to Amatuer, to Pro they should increase the club distances also.  This is what happens in the real world as golfers get better. 

As far as I am concerned, I am done playing this game until they get this problem fixed.  The game has great potential, they just need to fix these things.

• Budalacovyek
    6 Posts
    Wed, Jun 3 2009 12:41 PM

I tend to agree with Harvester that as one improves, they can hit the ball farther with the same clubs.  Therefore it would be a nice addition to the game if the club stats improved a certain amount with each improvement of ones status.  Seeing as you hit from deeper tees each time you improve, if your distances don't improve you would end up losing ground (status) in real life.  So at least a minor improvement in club stats (maybe 5%) each time you move up in status would not be unreasonable.  This should happen to all clubs, so people who can't afford to "buy" all the newest clubs can still improve, while those that can get all the latest and greatest will see improvement on those clubs as well.  This could go a long way to making this more playable.

RSS