Forums

Help › Forums

Re: putting perfection?

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jun 18 2009 4:19 AM (3 replies)
  • lkennedy
    194 Posts
    Fri, May 29 2009 8:42 AM

While I realize that I paid nothing to enjoy this site, there are a few things that I enjoyed more before you "fixed" them:

The starter clubs will work, but you need to make 4 close-to-perfect shots for par on most holes at Bethpage.

If I make almost perfect approach shots and somehow miraculously end up on the green, I now need the skills of a Ninja to make the putt.  You can read it correctly and have the right distance, but if you're off meter by a nanosecond it hangs on the lip.

Your graphics are amazing.   Most of the players I've met I really ejnoy competing with.  You have a good variety of challenges.  The price is right. 

All plusses, but I find that while I play with people of similar ablility, we cheer each other on for making a good bogey.  None of the players in my league even want to play professionnally.  Why not let those who are really serious about a virtual game play amongst themselves, and let us hackers enjoy the game as it was when we started becoming addicted?

• Pressto
    56 Posts
    Sat, Jun 6 2009 4:42 AM

On the first hole especially I have notice where I have an almost perfect putt, but it will shoot left or right off the club face when hit. There is no way I should be missing a 5' putt with an almost perfect hit but that is exactly what happens on the 1st hole time and again.

I have also noticed drives that go left or right off the club when hit with an almost perfect hit.

• fancyfeet4
    23 Posts
    Wed, Jun 10 2009 7:16 AM

What I am doing is missing the putts on purpose to the right or left, depending on break. I know that it is hard for me to hit the perfect bar, so I concede I wont, and it has helped, especially on the 3-15 footers.  I am making more. 

It seems as if you miss the bar by a fraction, and aim right you miss, but if you aim wrong, and then miss the bar on purpose, it is more forgiving.  Just shot a 69 at Bethpage after having 77 be my other best score.  I still miss some putts I shouldnt, but I am making more than ever.

• usmra
    32 Posts
    Thu, Jun 18 2009 4:19 AM

Don't know if this has been said, but I've found that you don't need to move the direction marker on putts to within 10 feet with moderate right or left slope.  Just click before or after the 'perfect' line depending on the direction, from a little to alot.  Trial and error will be required to get a feel for it and the amount of slope, but this has improved my putting tremendously.

You also have to be aware of what's going at your feet on longer putts.  It's easy to overlook this as your concentration becomes focused on what's ahead.  Movement at your feet will shoot the ball off at the start of an otherwise good read.

RSS