Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Driving on Bethpage

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jun 12 2009 8:46 AM (7 replies)
  • ToughCool
    70 Posts
    Thu, May 28 2009 11:24 AM

So I purchased the Burner Clubs just so I could make it around Bethpage in a decent score...first full score a 79. 4-5 of the par 4s I can't even reach in 2 even with an upgraded Driver and perfect hits. How the heck can you play a course when you can only drive it in the 240s to 250s max?Am I missing something?

• bertaire
    3 Posts
    Thu, May 28 2009 12:17 PM

I agree..........Where is the big dog driver ?

• switcheu
    2 Posts
    Thu, May 28 2009 12:29 PM

me too, wtf.... there´s a dog buried here as we say in Sweden. How the hell do they shoot 64 on this course? They must have a secret

• ToughCool
    70 Posts
    Thu, May 28 2009 1:07 PM

I'm not sure what secret it is unless they rig it to hit 280..some of their averages. I know the course is supposed to be hard but at least let us attempt to play it like the pros....if I hit the screws it should go farther than 245.

• SWAMPBUCK
    16 Posts
    Thu, May 28 2009 1:57 PM

Agree not not sure what hole it was.. I had a 12mph tail wind a perfect swing and tha ball still lands short.

Need to check online and see if anyone has come up with any mods or cheats like they have for most video games..

This gets less fun every time I play.... Wht did I upgrade my clubs if their not any better then the starters..

Still having fun just need to be more...

BTW.. I know you WTG guys are getting sick of us bitching... lol

• ToughCool
    70 Posts
    Thu, May 28 2009 2:09 PM

I'm sure they get tired of it too but the reality is if you hit a driver in real life and connect you can get it out there. Not being able to reach Par 4s and playing alot of Par 4s from the rough because you can get distance is just not fun. The course is hard enough without that hiccup.

I guess my main point is that if I'm willing to even pay for the upgrade, let me go all out with the upgrade to one that puts it out there....you may sacrifice some accuracy but it would be worth it.

• BoogShell
    2 Posts
    Fri, Jun 12 2009 7:16 AM

I know we're talking WGT here, but as someone who lives on Long Island and plays The Black often, I can tell you right now this is realistic.  Yes, we'd all feel better if we could hit it 265-280 on WGT but at The Black you can hit it 270 and still not reach some of the holes in regulation unless your a scratch (or below golfer). No's. 9, 10 , 11 12 and 15 come to mind.  You can hit it 270 on some of those holes and still need 220 to 230 just to reach (depending on conditions).

So in WGT terms this is frustrating...but I can vouch for the fact that at The Black, you'd be just as frustrated in real life.

• WaterTrap
    95 Posts
    Fri, Jun 12 2009 8:46 AM

This is talked about over and over.

Ther eis no secret.  it is course management and picking up the birdies where you can.  If you dont birdy the first hole you give up an easy stroke there for example.  Not every hole can be birdied, but they can all be tamed with a par.

I shot 6 birdies, but 5 bogeys.  i gave up 5 strokes with the bogeys.

Pick up the birdies on the holes you can, and a 64 is very doable.  it requires proper choice of shot and perfect execution.  There is no secret, no cheating, no bullshit.   Click on one of the top players profiles, and then go to their stats and their driving average,   you will see it is same as others.

RSS