Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Little bit of history: first double eagle.

rated by 0 users
Wed, Sep 1 2010 11:49 AM (4 replies)
  • iconian
    599 Posts
    Sun, Aug 29 2010 10:51 PM

If you search around, you will find that first double eagle occured almost 2 years ago. We waited at least a year before another one was hit. Now, a reasonable person would ask, why so long? Explanation is very interesting and probably required 1:1,000,000 shot and initial skid drive which was pretty hard to achieve as well. With such odds, hitting royal flush is easier.

Reason I am posting this, is this: earlier today, I hit my drive, and was late by a line,which allowed the ball veer right and land in same spot that we used to land to skid to get to that distance.

That was the only way that shot could have been gotten. Replay of my drive is here

Now, to get the double eagle, from the old days, you had to hit your 215 3w and either get some nasty side kick from left or approach from right. From right it's impossible, so only reasonable approach is from left.

If only we had a replay of that shot!

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Tue, Aug 31 2010 4:36 PM

I have no idea how you managed to carry the sand there.  I've never hit it that far right, I don't believe.  Crazy.

• iconian
    599 Posts
    Tue, Aug 31 2010 8:28 PM

It's called long deviation...You know, those 320 carries you get on #1/#16 bp with massive down wind? or #12 oak? same principle. but ya...thats what required!

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Tue, Aug 31 2010 9:03 PM

That's crazy... lol... and I thought *I* played risky.  Geeze... can't believe people used to actually play like that, hoping for a double eagle.

• iconian
    599 Posts
    Wed, Sep 1 2010 11:49 AM

Ask old timers what lines I take on my drives...There is a reason they call it "icon" line.

RSS