Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Playing for the fun of it.......

rated by 0 users
Mon, Aug 30 2010 3:12 PM (2 replies)
  • BenRC
    381 Posts
    Sun, Aug 29 2010 6:35 PM
    I believe for the most part,the majority of us here play for all the right reasons, including the integrity of the game.....we are good hardworking people, we have integrity for the game ,real or virtual, as much as we have in everything we do in life... I havnt been here very long, and i have learned this...if someone is cheating, i really dont know how to detect them...im basically PC illiterate lol...i wouldnt hav a clue on where to find cheating software,.....my aim here is to improve by practice. Not to long ago i began a M/P with a Master who is well known here and probably one of the top ten here...i remember i was a little nervous when i saw his name come up an off we went.... No doubt he was an excellent player but more than that he was a nice guy....just a hardworking stiff like me who put the time in to get better here....Unfotunatley i D/C before the match was over
  • butterpaleface75
    23 Posts
    Mon, Aug 30 2010 9:12 AM

Dear BenRC,

Welcome and have fun. that's what it's all about. Don't get rattled rattled by the uber seriousness that you may see or read about. Just play your own game. So what you disconnected...lol.  You will hear all kinds of whining about "quitters" but I'm here to tell you that even the top ranked masters quit all the time and they make some big bucks on this game so who cares. It is just a game for most. Some players on the other hand are extremely wrapped up in this game in all sorts of ways. If you stick around long enough you will see arguing, extreme social networking, personal attacks....etc. If that's what your into, fine. If not, that's fine too.Just remember that there are rules we should all follow, even though some don't.  You can pick up a lot of great game tips from these forums that will help you become a better player. Just learn to distinguish the useful from the useless. Have fun & hit 'em straight! 

Kind regards,

butterpaleface75

• BenRC
    381 Posts
    Mon, Aug 30 2010 3:12 PM

Thanks...appreciate that !

RSS