Forums

Help › Forums

Re: rim outs

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jul 24 2009 6:19 PM (6 replies)
  • EAZYDUZIT
    4 Posts
    Sat, May 23 2009 8:43 AM

As if putting hadn't been messed up enough when you're a hack, amateur is far worse!  Could be just me (although I doubt it), but any shot that even touches the rim is an automatic fail. There ought to be enough random things that mess you up without having to screw putting up even more...... you already lose a fair group of yardage off the tee and randoms seem to be slightly increased with additional putting randoms. Is punishment for touching the rim really necessary?

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Sat, May 23 2009 8:59 AM

19 ranked rounds, and it's already robbing you? You have a lot to look forward to. It has only just begun! LOL  JustQuit, please chime in on this!!!

• EAZYDUZIT
    4 Posts
    Sat, May 23 2009 9:08 AM

Oh, I am well aware that there are plenty more issues. I practice alot, despite the shortage of ranked rounds, and have it set up like it's a ranked round. I've already noticed alot of the consistent patterns of inconsistencies. Great game over all, but truly needs tightening up in a few areas.

• nickuk
    967 Posts
    Sat, May 23 2009 12:05 PM

its just wrong!

• RoadWarrior28
    29 Posts
    Fri, Jul 24 2009 7:01 AM

You might try hitting the center of the hole.

• Hydronix
    39 Posts
    Fri, Jul 24 2009 5:00 PM

Yeah, I'm with Road Warrior on this one. If you strike it pure, you won't ever have to worry about lipping out.

Oh, and a tip on that: If you will hit your putts less firm, giving them just enough power to get to the cup, you'll save yourself a lot of grief in the way of lip-outs and horseshoes. If the putt reaches ANY part of the hole without any gas behind it, physics will take care of the rest.

Try a conservative round of putting.

1,644 Posts
    Fri, Jul 24 2009 6:19 PM

Hydronix:

Oh, and a tip on that: If you will hit your putts less firm, giving them just enough power to get to the cup, you'll save yourself a lot of grief in the way of lip-outs and horseshoes. If the putt reaches ANY part of the hole without any gas behind it, physics will take care of the rest.

Try a conservative round of putting.

Just make sure you read the break perfectly!  Personally I prefer to aim to hit the ball 1 to 1.5 feet past the cup (if I miss) keeping in mind the rule of thumb... more speed less break.

RSS