Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Off the tee.....

rated by 0 users
Fri, May 15 2009 10:59 AM (2 replies)
  • Thetruth67
    158 Posts
    Fri, May 15 2009 8:49 AM

I keep seeing posts regarding driving distance so I thought I would throw in my $.02.

Let's look at this logically, currently most people on WGT are averaging between 225 and 235 off the tee, the PGA tour average is 280.  Although this may seem unrealistic, take a look at what you are averaging for driving accuracy.  Currently I am at about 94% as are many others, the PGA  average driving accuracy is 60% and I think David Toms has the highest driving accuracy so far at 74%. 

So currently we are sacrificing distance for accuracy.  As new drivers (with the abitlity to hit greater distances) are released, I think WGT will need to insure that accuracy does not remain at 90+%.  Can you imagine hitting 300 yards drives and being in the center of the fairway 95% of the time? I can, and it is called Tiger Woods.

I know this is a game and that WGT can't expect to have the exact same stats as real life, but I think being in the fairway eveytime is unrealistsic.  As the Driver distances increase into the realm of what is hit on the tour, they also need to insure the accuracy numbers decrease.  Let's say WGT releases a driver that can hit in the 275 - 295 range, with that kind of distance I don't think anyone should average better than 80% off the tee.  As I said, just my $.02

1,644 Posts
    Fri, May 15 2009 10:15 AM

Agree 100%

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Fri, May 15 2009 10:59 AM

Yup, I agree here too, but also keep in mind I think Kiawah has some pretty wide open fairways.

If you put us on a tight course, like Bethpage for example or maybe Augusta, I think you'll see a drop in that accuracy.  A little bit at least.

RSS