Forums

Help › Forums

Re: How about letting us bet credits?

rated by 0 users
Sun, May 17 2009 6:36 PM (9 replies)
  • ShaunMcClarty
    270 Posts
    Sun, May 10 2009 5:54 PM

Being that betting is such an accepted part of golf that the rule book actually mentions you are allowed to do it, how cool would it be if you let us bet credits on multiplayer? I mean, if you had this rule, id have taken hundreds already from DKE. Either credits per hole or just an overall bet, either way would spice up multiplayer some

• goldenglove
    42 Posts
    Sun, May 10 2009 7:11 PM

yes i said it a few times  its just like buy into a tourny with credit card   if u win the tourny or place in the money you win!!!  so let us play 4 people 9 or 18 holes 10 credits each  or 5    it would help with the scoring averages too  less drop outs with something at stake   right ??

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Sun, May 10 2009 7:30 PM

From the Terms & Conditions:

"Ownership/Selling of the Account or Virtual Items

WORLD GOLF TOUR does not recognize the transfer of your user accounts ("Accounts") or any virtual items contained therein. You may not purchase, sell, gift or trade any Account, or offer to purchase, sell, gift or trade any Account or virtual item contained therein, and any such attempt shall be null and void. WORLD GOLF TOUR owns, has licensed, or otherwise has rights to all of the content that appears in the games and on this Site. You agree that you have no right or title in or to any such content, including the virtual items or WGT Credits appearing or originating in the games, or any other attributes associated with the Account or stored on the Site. WORLD GOLF TOUR does not recognize any virtual property transfers executed outside of the games or the purported sale, gift or trade in the "real world" of anything related to the games. Accordingly, you may not sell virtual items for "real" money or otherwise exchange items for value outside of the games. If you purchase or otherwise receive any WGT Credits for your Account, you agree that you will not transfer such WGT Credit and that you will not use such WGT Credits to engage in gambling, gaming, lottery, or betting of any kind."

We aren't to the Online Betting phase of this game yet.  There are qute a few laws that have to be petitioned for and followed by WGT before we get to bet credits and/or money against each other. 

• ShaunMcClarty
    270 Posts
    Mon, May 11 2009 1:38 PM

yea thats a transfer. im sayin put a thing in the game, you offer up the credits, the game takes them from both and awards them to the winner.

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Mon, May 11 2009 1:42 PM

"...and that you will not use such WGT Credits to engage in gambling, gaming, lottery, or betting of any kind."

Guess you missed that part.

• goldenglove
    42 Posts
    Tue, May 12 2009 3:35 PM

thx tibbs 4 the info    it would be cool though !!

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Tue, May 12 2009 4:53 PM

Oh I agree.  Maybe they will hook up with World Series of Golf and it'll be like that.

• Noodon
    56 Posts
    Tue, May 12 2009 7:26 PM

If you start betting on this site you are going to void play from states where any form of online gambling, betting for money is illegal.

• Fuzzygazz
    1,469 Posts
    Tue, May 12 2009 8:35 PM

That would be nice like the world series of poker. A buy in. Hope its not 10 k like the poker one :). How do they get to play poker tourneys on line? Is it out of country account?

• ShaunMcClarty
    270 Posts
    Sun, May 17 2009 6:36 PM

just to address those who said betting online is illegal, no, it isnt. Betting itself is actually completely legal, EVERYWHERE, in EVERY state. Because bookmaking is illegal gives everyone the wrong idea. The reason online gambling sites are illegal is cause the taxes arent claimed on money won and lost and isnt even reported. Also taking bets to make money is illegal. You are completely allowed to bet 50 bucks on a game with your friend. You just arent allowed to take bets on both sides and charge a vig. Thats what becomes illegal. Thats why any time a bookie gets raided, the people who bet with him dont get in trouble. Cause you are allowed to bet. Even hosting a poker tourney is completely legal so long as every dollar goes into the prize pool. Anytime you start keeping something off the top for the house, THEN it becomes illegal. Just to clear that up. Me betting 100 credits against tibbits and whoever wins gets it is not illegal.

However I do understand why a site might not want to allow it, being what other issues it could bring. Legality wouldnt really be one. I only brought it up because gambling is a very common part of golf, to the point pros even have side bets, especially in lesser tournies, during their rounds. I just thought it would be fun.

And also I understand it says in the rules they dont allow it, but thats the sites rules and terms. Its against their current policy but they are the ones with the power to change the policy. So asking or suggesting it doesnt mean it wont ever happen just cause the current rules wouldnt allow

RSS