Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Stop the Madness

rated by 0 users
Thu, Aug 5 2010 11:59 AM (3 replies)
  • Crazyman2
    731 Posts
    Thu, Aug 5 2010 5:59 AM

Why oh why am I still getting hundreds of CC requests to join?  At present I have had 542 requests to join  the golfseekers CC !!!.   The settings are set ,to not show golfseekers CC looking for members, as it is closed until season 4 to any newcomers.  The CC was streamlined  from a much larger number than shown, down to members that particiapte in our seasonal comps.

WGT  please prevent these endless emails arriving for Country club requests that no longer wish to be seen as open to invites.

1,644 Posts
    Thu, Aug 5 2010 8:37 AM

Just a thought, have you tried changing that setting lately?  I just closed my club to new members the other day and I stopped getting the Membership Request e-mails.  I know it was not like this until recently because I would get tons of requests even though I wasn't looking for members.  Maybe try opening it and then closing it again for the settings to take.

• Crazyman2
    731 Posts
    Thu, Aug 5 2010 10:46 AM

Hi Lee

I have tried opening and closing regularly  but to no avail.  It seems  i get batches  of  emails  at any given time.  Usually in blocks.  So far I have had over 1000 emails  thru CC related items.  Some of which are already unsubscribed (such as forum posts etc) I know there was a javascript problem with the settings and said so at the time (also mentioned  same problem where people couldn't access leaderboards  etc)  Other than starting to create filters in emails to certain WGT material, there seems to be no way of resolving it.

• plim
    1,388 Posts
    Thu, Aug 5 2010 11:59 AM

i wish i was getting emails for requests to join having trouble getting wgt to sort it out

RSS