Help › Forums

Re: Caution Players: Minor Match Play Bug

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jul 31 2010 4:36 PM (3 replies)
  • WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Sat, Jul 31 2010 12:32 PM

Hey guys,

Just wanted to give you a heads up that we have discovered a small issue with Match Play & Match Play Challenge games.  The maintenance done in the early morning on 7/30 included a fix for the disconnect/resume issue and that was resolved.  Unfortunately, we're not completely out of the woods yet as there is still one lingering issue that may affect a very small amount of players.  This is more likely to affect those playing a 30-second shot timer.

Bug: When both players are tied after regulation the game will automatically start extra holes to complete the match.  The bug occurs only in sudden death and only if one player allows the shot timer to run out.  After the timer runs out both players swing meters and shot timers will disappear from the screen and you will unable to proceed.  Obviously, this will make it a bit difficult to continue playing the match.

Workaround: The workaround for this bug is to disconnect from the match.  This will return you to the multiplayer lobby and you will be able to resume the match.  Once resumed the meter and shot timer will come back and the match can be played to completion.  A problem will arise if this happens when neither player can disconnect from the match because a 3rd disconnect will forfeit the match.  If you are stuck in this situation and neither player can disconnect then offering a drop is the best solution.

As I said above, the good news is that this will only affect a very small amount of players because of the specific circumstances.  You have to get to sudden death and then let the timer run out for this to occur, so we anticipate some 30 second games may run into this problem, but most players should be fine.  In light of this, we recommend that you only play Match Play Challenges with players that you trust and/or know personally for the next couple of days. 

We will continue to look into the sudden death bug and hope to have a fix ready to go as soon as possible.  We will let you know as soon as it is resolved.

Thank you for your continued patience.

• CanadianPlayer
    16 Posts
    Sat, Jul 31 2010 1:33 PM

Seems to be anohter issue, during a Matchplay Challenge the originator of the game is still loading after 15 minutes, and I don't know how to quit without losing the credits I put up? I submitted a bug report, but still I am going to lose my credits.

Also, I bought $20 worth of credits and did not get my promised R9 driver or golf balls????

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Sat, Jul 31 2010 2:07 PM

CanadianPlayer:
    during a Matchplay Challenge the originator of the game is still loading after 15 minutes, and I don't know how to quit without losing the credits I put up? I submitted a bug report, but still I am going to lose my credits.

No, you can't lose credits until the match is officially underway, which doesn't happen until someone plays a shot.  FYI, I think 5 minutes is plenty of wait time.  If they haven't loaded in 5 minutes they probably aren't there anymore.

CanadianPlayer:
    Also, I bought $20 worth of credits and did not get my promised R9 driver or golf balls????

http://wgt.com/forums/p/13547/105837.aspx#105837

• Kaslo
    428 Posts
    Sat, Jul 31 2010 4:36 PM

Thanks for the heads up. :)

RSS