Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Inconsistant wind designation / slope and speed of greens.

Tue, Jul 27 2010 12:59 PM (2 replies)
  • JPMac06
    1 Posts
    Mon, Jul 26 2010 9:10 PM

I have been playing regularly for a while and I am starting to see some big descrepancies with a few items:

1. The wind speed seems to come and go in relation to consistancy between rounds on the same course and in betwen cources. I mean 5MPH or 10 MPH does not seem to be the same each time. Is it that 5 MPH is different from one tech to another?

2. The slope colors onthe greens dont seem to be consistant from one courcse to another? or is it one tech to another?

3. When I hit a 70 yard wedge from 78yards out on the screws with an11 MPH wind at my back  and don't reach the green (only traveling 50 yards) I think there is a problem? Why is this happening? Are you trying to seel upgrades on wedges? Probably not but that is the way I feel when it happens.

4. The speed of the scale to time out the club hitting the ball to put it in play seems to vary a lot. at time? It is really quick some days and other days very slow?  It even varies during the course of one round? Why - is it part the game? Are tech messing with the game at times?

Will you look into these inconsistancies?

Thanks,

Jmac06

• spikel
    100 Posts
    Tue, Jul 27 2010 11:22 AM

I could be wrong with this, but wouldn't a wedge going against the wind travel in the air further than a wedge going with the wind? The wedge going with the wind would go further overall due to topspin though. Again, I could be completely wrong.

• PRIESTESS
    10,705 Posts
    Tue, Jul 27 2010 12:59 PM

Wind behind on wgt means lower ball flight which means it will land a lot early than you expect, roll then depends on the loft of the club,so if you have 75  10 wind behindu can still hit 76 full bs and it wont go more than 2 past.some holes it wontb go past at all if its uphill

RSS