Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Private Messages (PM)

rated by 0 users
Sun, Feb 18 2024 9:38 PM (5 replies)
  • Wheels65
    744 Posts
    Fri, Apr 5 2013 2:32 PM

Had one of our members post a suggestion on "My Wall" and have been trying to figure out how to respond!  His message is good and he was kind enough to respond to one of my comments.  I'd like to follow-up with him, but cannot find away without BROADCASTING OUR CONVERSATION to everyone on the Forum.

Searched (by -the-by  - thanks for the "Search" option) for a way to respond, to ONLY the person posting the statement - and can't figure out how?

Could someone help an old(er) member here?

For WGT - would love to see a PM option - so we can converse without (critics) observers.

:  )

• WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Fri, Apr 5 2013 3:18 PM

Wheels65:

Had one of our members post a suggestion on "My Wall" and have been trying to figure out how to respond!  His message is good and he was kind enough to respond to one of my comments.  I'd like to follow-up with him, but cannot find away without BROADCASTING OUR CONVERSATION to everyone on the Forum.

Searched (by -the-by  - thanks for the "Search" option) for a way to respond, to ONLY the person posting the statement - and can't figure out how?

Could someone help an old(er) member here?

For WGT - would love to see a PM option - so we can converse without (critics) observers.

:  )

You can send him a private message through his profile page as long as you two are friends.  If you are not friends just send him a request so you will have that option.

- WGTdbloshoe

• Wheels65
    744 Posts
    Fri, Apr 5 2013 5:22 PM

TY -  WGTdbloshoe

That will work, (in this case) because the'poster' has just become a 'friend' - however ;  }) that isn't entirely what I'm suggesting and it really doesn't need to be difficult.

Most Forums, allow 'Private' conversations between members when they do not wish to TALK TO THE WHOLE COMMUNITY (emphasis- obviously- intended). It is simply a link between those in the conversation. 

At the same time, members should be able to choose to converse (just answer up) or 'block' members with whom they do not wish to converse. I think that such an option exists here (could be wrong - but it's not all that difficult to code).

In as much as we are using WGT as a  'conduit' for the conversation, WGT Monitors (if they so wish) can see what is said.

I emphasize that the PM may be terminated & further conversations blocked by either party.

This form of communication would help prevent 'nether region measuring contests' that I have seen, with increasing frequency, on the Forum (particularly those regarding "WGT is out to get us" and "Cheating" threads).

If the 'Private Message' (read 'conversation') becomes offensive or violates WGT rules then: (1) It can be terminated by either party (see above) and/or  if the conversation becomes sufficiently aggregious, the offending party can receive: (a) a 'stern word from the administrators', (b) a warning, or (with some form of redress) expulsion from WGT.

Just a thought - in between shanking my $1.67 balls into the weeds at RSG.

• Arushaboy
    2 Posts
    Sun, May 26 2013 2:02 AM

A non-friend has posting something on my wall.  I can't beleive I can't post a reply on my own wall! this doesn't make sense - I just have to leave his comment there for all to see, without the option of responding?   OK, I can delete it but it's not abusive, he's simply mistaken and I'd like to correct the impression.

• Sphinkter0
    10 Posts
    Sun, Feb 18 2024 3:50 PM

Post to his wall.

• BlackBogey
    276 Posts
    Sun, Feb 18 2024 9:38 PM

Sphinkter0:

Post to his wall.

Just an FYI, you do realize you replied to a post from almost 11 years ago. 

RSS