Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Chipping Epiphany

rated by 0 users
Wed, Apr 22 2009 9:13 PM (5 replies)
  • Hotwir3
    63 Posts
    Mon, Apr 20 2009 3:56 PM

I have realized why the chipping is so messed up.  It does not take into account the fact that when you are on the upslope of a hill, the trajectory should be adjusted. 

Example: A chip has a trajectory of 20 degrees (guess).  If I'm on a 10 degree slope, the chip should now have a trajectory of 30 degrees.  Instead, it doesn't and we all end up chipping it right into the hill.

I realized this after I couldn't get a flop up over a hill.

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Wed, Apr 22 2009 10:15 AM

Hi Hotwir3, the game currently doesn't take into account slope during chipping. For now, you need to treat the shot as if you are hitting off a flat surface.

• drivnchaos
    286 Posts
    Wed, Apr 22 2009 7:13 PM

Posted this elsewhere

Gave up on the whole chipping idea

Now I use a full swing with my 60 degree wedge, adjusting power for the distance.

Much more consistant in landing close to the hole.

Enjoy your play

Mike

• BiminiBen
    53 Posts
    Wed, Apr 22 2009 7:29 PM

I have found that pitching gives me much better control around the green than chipping even when in an obvious chipping situation.  The only time I chip is when I can hit a full power shot or nearly so.

• Hotwir3
    63 Posts
    Wed, Apr 22 2009 8:02 PM

Thanks for the tips! I've been doing flop shots, but those seem to be rediculously inaccurate.

• mosherkl
    110 Posts
    Wed, Apr 22 2009 9:13 PM

I've also noticed that the new chipping and pitching distances indicated are much closer to the actual distance the ball will go, as opposed to simply distance in the air without accounting for roll.

RSS