Forums

Help › Forums

Re: My Story...

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jul 6 2010 12:10 PM (2 replies)
  • Valrec
    70 Posts
    Mon, Jul 5 2010 6:37 PM

I joined less than a month ago, and have been enjoying the game immensely.

I noticed some people have been saying they feel the game is unbalanced and too difficult, some even say fixed (I know there are sandbagers and suchlike, but I'm not talking about that, I'm talking about the game), so I thought it would be good for people to hear my experiences with the game.

Found the game, signed up, and started playing, had great fun. Not played golf IRL but have an interest in it (Actually, because of this game I may take it up IRL sometime soon), and haven't played many golf PC games.

After a few rounds, I was promoted to amateur, then soon after that to pro, about two weeks from starting to play. I had bought the starter-plus clubs and tour-starter putter, which helped a lot.

I was enjoying the game enough by that time to 'buy' it, and got some much better clubs, and tried some of the balls out. That was a week ago, that I got the new clubs. I loved them, they did exactly what  I expected, and wanted, them to do. Since then I've made par on every course except Oakmont, and today I scored a 79 there. So I, who has only been playing since June 11th, managed to score 79 at Oakmont. The course is hard, but there is not much wrong with it in my opinion, some people have been saying it's impossible and inconsistant, but I don't think it is.  One of the things I like about the game is that it has that kind of challenge to get good scores, you really have to get to know  the clubs, the courses, the wind, etc.

I've played 53 ranked rounds, and I rank every round unless it is trying out new clubs, and have an average of 72/73 already, and I've even had one round that was a 67, which I think is cool for the time I've been playing, though now begins the real work of moving up from there to the next level, which will take a while I am sure!

So, in summary, the game is pretty good, in my opinion, and well-balanced. As a newcomer to the game i found it easy to understand, fun and challenging to play.

While I'm here, thanks to those who've posted help and tips here in the forum, they've helped my game a lot.

Valrec

• Trackterror03
    105 Posts
    Mon, Jul 5 2010 11:07 PM

Good Job!

Keep it up. And remember, the game is only just a game, but the friends you meet and the fellowship in which you encounter may last a lifetime.

Track

• Valrec
    70 Posts
    Tue, Jul 6 2010 12:10 PM

Thanks Trackterror. What you say is true. I've met many people on the 'Net through other games who've become good friends; usually a good, well-made and intelligent game attracts some interesting and respectful people.

I've not met anyone much here yet, and I haven't been playing in groups or match play yet, wanted to get my game at least consistent before going in that direction! I will be looking for people to play with soon, if not sooner, :). I won't be playing for credits in matchplay yet though, at this time my experience of the game, and bank-balance, precludes that option!

While I'm here: I know my OP is kind of an introduction to myself, but I put it in this section because I wanted to highlight how the game seems fair and well-balanced, well written and fun, easy to get started but hard to get really good at it (which is a good thing), to me as a newcomer, since I've seen a lot of posts to the contrary.

RSS