Forums

Help › Forums

Re: SweetiePie Quitting?

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jun 27 2010 11:09 AM (4 replies)
  • lkennedy
    194 Posts
    Sun, Jun 27 2010 5:56 AM

I hope that I'm not betraying a confidence, but SweetiePie has expressed a desire to quit WGT.  Not sure if it was out of frustration over the qualifying conditions at Oakmont, or just venting a bit.

In any case, I feel it necessary to let her know how much she means to this site.  Therefore, consider this a petition of sorts.  If you have any positive input as to why Sweetie should hang in there, this is your chance to express your views.

I, for one, would consider it a profound loss to the site.  Her humor and wit would be greatly missed, at least by me.

• jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Sun, Jun 27 2010 8:40 AM

Although we have yet to play a round, which is mostly my fault no doubt as I am not around much anymore, I agree with LK above.

It is obvious you love the game and it would be a shame to see you go. 

I have lost interest myself as of late but there are some things coming down the pike that will hopefully make the site more competitive and help to keep peoples interest. 

Good things are coming, I know the current Opens are hard as hell and frankly I am not bothering to even try and qualify.  I would if I had more time and I do like the variety and challenge that the tough conditions add to the course and the site (and we can always go play Kia or Andy's with normal conditions whenever we want) but in the end even if I did qualify I know I stand NO chance to win. 

Not sure if you made up your mind and I know this is not something new and something that you have mentioned even before the Opens came, but I hope you hang in there and keep the faith, WGT will bring us some of the things we are asking for in time, the current roadmap is stuffed full of good things albeit the things to help the site become more competitive are only one, handicaps, implemented properly however with at least half the tourneys being a handicap tourney this could really be a great addition.

• nickuk
    967 Posts
    Sun, Jun 27 2010 9:55 AM

dont leave sweet-pea!...

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Sun, Jun 27 2010 10:56 AM

Lily you have been an inspiration to many of us. Not just in playing the game but your input and humor have made the forums a joy to read. This site and so many of your friends would miss you greatly. Please stay. I would much rather have you and your wonderful humor on the forums than a perfectly smooth swing meter.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sun, Jun 27 2010 11:09 AM

You are all too kind. Thank you. Addiction of any kind is hard to lose. The two opens have been the thorns in my backside. I never dreamed of winning either, however, it never entered my mind that I would not qualify for both, certainly by now. I hate the greens with all of my heart. They have no rhyme nor reason and they make no sense. They only serve to annoy me and bring me to rage. They only cater to gifted putters and the very, very lucky. They kill momentum and they provide zero consistancy with regard to back spin or speed. Two things that don't last are dogs chasing cars and SweetiePie lagging for pars. But to quit? Not going to happen. I still have time to qualify, and will continue to try, albeit in a non-ending foul mood. Thanks again for the kind words...now, back to Oakmont.

RSS