Forums

Help › Forums

Re: BP 15 is #1, Which hole is #2?

Sat, May 22 2010 1:12 PM (5 replies)
  • ironking34
    749 Posts
    Sat, May 22 2010 8:55 AM

I think most of us should be in agreement that BP15 is the toughest hole in the game, so my question is what hole do you think is the second toughest?  I know KW 4&5 are up there along with BP5 and 9.  But my vote goes to STA 17 as the second toughest, I really hate that hole (actually I love the design of the hole but I hate to play it).  Let me know what you think is the second toughest or if you think BP 15 should not be #1.

• AtlantaCoaster
    645 Posts
    Sat, May 22 2010 9:21 AM

If you go to the BOTTOM of the SCORECARD when you are playing the next time, you will see "PAR / HANDICAP" - click on HANDICAP and it will show you which hole is the second toughest (i.e. HANDICAP # 2) - I forget which one it is.

Regards,  AtlantaCoaster

• MonumentValley
    58 Posts
    Sat, May 22 2010 10:07 AM

On a percentage to par basis for the 54 stroke play holes we have; Bethpage 15 is my toughest and Bethpage 7 is my second toughest.

• rehill
    431 Posts
    Sat, May 22 2010 10:49 AM

AtlantaCoaster:

If you go to the BOTTOM of the SCORECARD when you are playing the next time, you will see "PAR / HANDICAP" - click on HANDICAP and it will show you which hole is the second toughest (i.e. HANDICAP # 2) - I forget which one it is.

Regards,  AtlantaCoaster

He's asing what we think is the second toughest hole in the game...

I have to agree with you Ironking, STA #17 is very challenging.

• jakestanfill7
    949 Posts
    Sat, May 22 2010 11:18 AM

My vote for the second hardest hole is BPB #7 when the pin is tucked front right behind the sand trap.  There is no trick to get it close there and you have to rely on making a 40 to 50 foot putt. #5 is tough but there is a trick or 2 to get close on this green.

#3 would be Kia 4.  Tricky shot but it can be had.

#4 would be Kia 5.  Again birdie is out there but totally dependent on drawing a headwind or a side wind from 9:00 to 3:00

#5 would be STA 17.  This hole is tough but birdie is there with a couple of good shots whether you have a tailwind or a headwind.  Crucial to hit the fairway but if you do it's a green light.  Tailwind leaves about 130 - 160 in if you thread needle and can hold the green very easily.  Headwind is great unless you draw a 30 mph in the face and have to play right of the bunker and sink a 30 footer.  I've played this hole about 12 times now with 5 birdies and only one bogey.

****Disclaimer-  The rankings described are with Ping Master Irons and GI SD balls which generate a ton of spin and make stopping the ball close much easier.

• PorkyWalrus
    607 Posts
    Sat, May 22 2010 1:12 PM

I can't think of all of them, but those with the elevated greens, especially for beginners who do not know to add more yardage for those. No. 17 on Bethpage, I rarely get to the green from the tee, even though I go up an iron.

RSS