Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Hi

rated by 0 users
Fri, May 7 2010 12:41 PM (9 replies)
  • MarkArentsen
    2 Posts
    Thu, May 6 2010 2:54 AM

Hey everyone, im pretty new to wgt, however getting more and more frustrated with playing the same courses with the same clubs. I have managed to move up to pro level and thats where i get stuck, on certain holes i cant even reach the fairway, is there any other way to get credits without having to buy them as the Dollar is 7 times stronger than our currency, also how do you get friends on here as the button has been disabled so i cant invite or ask to be friends with anyone.

Thanks in advance

Mark

• PorkyWalrus
    607 Posts
    Thu, May 6 2010 7:24 AM

Yup and welcome. I will help with the friend issue. I will send an invite, and all you have to do is click on the blinking blue invite icon, your choice to accept or decline. Other way to get friends is to get onto someone's profile, maybe through WGT Community, selecting someone, click on their name, bringing you to their profile, then you click the invite to be friend box near the top.

About hitting the fairway, the best bet is to hit the center line of the bar at the bottom of the screen. You also have to consider the wind, which is indicated at the top by the arrow pointing either direction, with its speed next to it.

Greg.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Thu, May 6 2010 9:48 AM

Mark, WGT is going to introduce Oakmont in full 18 hole stroke play, along with the back nine of St. Andrews on June 1st, 2010.

Playing the game with starter clubs is tough, but can be done at the pro level with practice.

You can take advantage of the credit offers WGT provides to obtain credits.

Write an e-mail to WGT at, members@worldgolftour.com and tell them about the friend invite problem your experiencing. There seems to be an issue with deleting wall post as well.

Play well.

• StrangeMagic
    1,304 Posts
    Thu, May 6 2010 10:37 AM

Mark,

I sent u a friend invite also.

Check ur equipment, you might have a new "Bazooka" in the bag.

see ya out there

• jwiley66
    1 Posts
    Thu, May 6 2010 11:35 AM

Hi all, I am new to WGT, trying to get my legs...am getting there.  Every round I play, I get a little better.  What a great place to play.  Thanks.  I look forward to playing a lot, and maybe, I will get better.   Later.....

• StrangeMagic
    1,304 Posts
    Thu, May 6 2010 11:35 AM

WGT....

Mark is right, his friend function is not working correctly. I sent a friend request multiple times and it took my request each time. It is only supposed to do it one time.

fyi

• MarkArentsen
    2 Posts
    Fri, May 7 2010 5:53 AM

Hi Strange

Thanks for the invite i have accepted but says that i have no friends, maybe it will show when they are online i will check again, also thanks for the new driver it is already making a difference.

Thanks

• StrangeMagic
    1,304 Posts
    Fri, May 7 2010 11:04 AM

MarkArentsen,

Your friend function does not work.  I sent you multiple friend requests which were accepted but in reality, if it "took", it would not have allowed me to send a 2nd request.

And now you say you are showing no friends on your list. I will report this for you under the "bug" thread.

See ya out there........eventually,

StrangeMagic

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Fri, May 7 2010 11:36 AM

Strange,

You can click the invite button multiple times and you'll be told that an invite is sent each time, however, once there's already a pending invitation on the other player's list it won't physically send another invite each time.

I sent Mark a friend request yesterday evening and he was able to accept it.

Mark:  If you are still not seeing your friends on the list make sure you click the FRIENDS tab to highlight that tab and not the INVITES tab.

• youareintrouble
    103 Posts
    Fri, May 7 2010 12:41 PM

Hey buddy....u have to click on the profile to update it. your friend wont show tell u have navigated away and back too the screen. Good luck w/the credits problem. Not right the difference of PAPER value around the world.  Dont quit in ranked rounds or be an a(*h)*(^le and maybe some 1 will gift you.

RSS