Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Third Party Offer Credits?

rated by 0 users
Sat, May 8 2010 3:26 PM (9 replies)
  • CalebWoods
    10 Posts
    Fri, Apr 30 2010 8:01 PM

Did I miss this? Since when is WGT offering credits to anyone willing to get a free credit report or buy direcTV? Maybe I'm being harsh, but I really think that kind of garbage brings down this game a few notches. I have no problem with buying credits because i like the pro shop. However, when I see credits for offers, it makes me think of Evony or Mobsters or any other facebook/browser game that is shady and a complete joke.

WGT has a niche going where it is one of the few browser games on the Internet that contains mostly mature adults; the type of people i normally find a golf course. When I see WGT promote gimmicky things like these offers, I get worried. I don't want a game where people who have enough time on their hands to do these offers and then cancel right away can have as much money as they want. I don't care that I'm paying for credits; actually, I'd like to see it stay that way.

Does anyone else feel this way or is it just me?

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Fri, Apr 30 2010 8:31 PM

CalebWoods:

No. Yes.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sat, May 1 2010 9:53 AM

SweetiePie:

CalebWoods:
    No. Yes. 
    /agree

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Sat, May 1 2010 10:18 AM

CalebWoods:
    when I see credits for offers, it makes me think of Evony or Mobsters or any other facebook/browser game that is shady and a complete joke.

I thought the same thing caleb. I've been burned in the past from Cr offers from other sites, and when I saw WGT offering Cr, I thought it would be shady too. When I tried some of the free offers though, it worked. WGT fully backs the offers and will work to get anyone their Cr if a problem arises per WGTadmin.

This is also a good way for people to obtain Cr who are unable to enter Ready-Go tournaments, or who can't quite compete in the weekly tournaments to obtain Cr as well. As always, WGT is bringing the Cr offers to the members in a classy manner.

• hbthree
    478 Posts
    Sat, May 1 2010 5:24 PM
    Don't have any problem with these credit offers. Helps ensure the "financial" health of the site...which is also good for all...HB3
  • rockinroland
    214 Posts
    Sat, May 1 2010 10:05 PM

each offer is a one time deal, limiting how many free credits any one player can receive. I'm pretty sure the companies offering the free credits are paying wgt to advertise I have used them and now get a FEW emails from them. Until  they get all the bugs worked out I'm not thrilled to put hard cash into this site. I upgraded twice with my money. would not have been able to upgrade when I turned master w/o free credits hence a lot less playing. I say Bravo to wgt  they do think about the little guy

• CCCSportsfan
    1 Posts
    Tue, May 4 2010 9:12 AM

Hi,

How long did it take you to receive credit from the 3rd party offer into your account at WGT?? 

Thanks!

• xSTILLFLY
    66 Posts
    Tue, May 4 2010 12:54 PM

for the money ones it should be instant what's you pay. and the credit reports and getting a credit card you have to wait till it processes and idk how long that is. 

• Showtime29
    70 Posts
    Tue, May 4 2010 1:29 PM

xSTILLFLY:

for the money ones it should be instant what's you pay. and the credit reports and getting a credit card you have to wait till it processes and idk how long that is. 

This never happens...In my experience with these 3rd party companies (Not from WGT), most times you will wait MONTHS to get credits, as they usually have small print that states you have to have a membership for a certain period of time, or complete more than just the initial offer.

Best advice is to stay away from those offers...Sure they give you free credits, but is it really worth it if you hound them down and/or stay on the phone for an hour?

• Tangents
    4 Posts
    Sat, May 8 2010 3:26 PM

And do they not almost every time cost money to participate in making it not worth it?

We all know those free credit report things are far from free lol.

If anyone knows where I can hit those(if they do not cost me anything that is) please post them here. I could use a few credits....kinda sick of driving 210 yds lol.

Cheers

RSS