Help › Forums

Re: game disconneting

rated by 0 users
Thu, Apr 22 2010 10:24 AM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Thu, Apr 22 2010 9:51 AM

Glad we're making some progress, Dave.  Let's see if we can get you sorted out properly.

I know for a fact that WGT runs really well on a Mac...  My associate has a Mac and he rarely has any connection issues and hardly ever suffers the meter stutter, so it is possible to play.

Having said that there was a point about 4 or 5 months ago that he was experiencing the time-out errors like you have described.  Not being a Mac-guy I can't tell you exactly what he did to correct it, but it had something to do with 'resetting permissions'.  Maybe someone who knows more about Macs can expand on that.

Also, I would suggest "game booster".  Cuts off all unnecessary programs while you're gaming.   (Hope it works on the iMac... lol)

Good luck.

• AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Thu, Apr 22 2010 10:24 AM

Davemuck63:

More information, I'm not sure what more there is to say.  Last night was by far the worst although it has happened before. Its a new computer, an iMac, I was told this game will play on either a pc or mac.  This glitch has happened before but not as bad as last night, I've only been playing for a week.  I use a high speed internet connection, I've cleared the cache, there are no other programs running at the same time.  Example:  I was playing a round with 3 others last night, my load times were o.k. and so were 2 others but the 3rd fellow looked to be having problems, when he was finally disconnected everything else froze, couldn't continue playing, eventually had to shut down and lost our game.  In all, this happened in 4 games last evening. 

Perhaps I was just venting, and for that I am sorry, but I really love this game and having the interaction with other golfers.

Perhaps I should be installing Firefox ?, although not sure that will do anything more than what I have already got.

Dave, we're closer to understanding your problem here. If a player disconnects the correct way it will not freeze up the game for others. But if a player disconnects improperly it does indeed lock the game for all.

I don't know the best browser to use on an iMac. Maybe someone can help.

• PAGES
RSS