Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Brain Dead

rated by 0 users
Mon, Apr 19 2010 12:10 PM (5 replies)
  • Whogolf
    78 Posts
    Sun, Apr 18 2010 11:14 PM

Well, this is about the 10th time I entered an open and single play game and had to quit because i`ll play ctth first without my driver and use another wedge .Then I enter an open or single play and tee off and find out that I have no Driver. There is no way you can switch clubs after you start a game? P.S. I always warm up on CTTH before I play stroke play.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Apr 19 2010 8:41 AM

LOL-I thought I was the only one. Oakmont CTTH doesn't need a driver so I carry 5 wedges. Try playing a Match Play game after forgetting to put the driver back in!! OIY-teeing off with a 2i the whole round!

*edit* Meant 3i

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Mon, Apr 19 2010 9:05 AM

Whogolf:

Well, this is about the 10th time I entered an open and single play game and had to quit because i`ll play ctth first without my driver and use another wedge .Then I enter an open or single play and tee off and find out that I have no Driver. There is no way you can switch clubs after you start a game? P.S. I always warm up on CTTH before I play stroke play.

It would be a challenge but when you do that try playing with your 3 wood off tee if you have one in the bag that is.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Mon, Apr 19 2010 9:26 AM

YankeeJim:

LOL-I thought I was the only one. Oakmont CTTH doesn't need a driver so I carry 5 wedges. Try playing a Match Play game after forgetting to put the driver back in!! OIY-teeing off with a 2i the whole round.

It happened to me on Beth. With no driver or 3 wood I was mighty delighted to have the 5 wedges...

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Apr 19 2010 11:53 AM

I did discover something interesting during my round. It was at SA and I use the TMs there. Because of the short drive you have to play longer irons, irons you normally wouldn't use on most of the holes. 2-3 clubs difference was typical. The greens were actually a bit easier to hold with the low flying, high spinning fairway irons. I was surprised to the point I'm going to try laying up on a few just to see if using the longer irons really makes a difference.

• AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Mon, Apr 19 2010 12:10 PM

YankeeJim:

LOL-I thought I was the only one. Oakmont CTTH doesn't need a driver so I carry 5 wedges. Try playing a Match Play game after forgetting to put the driver back in!! OIY-teeing off with a 2i the whole round.

I can't control my drives (in real golf) as well as my 3, so I seldom use a driver when I play. Makes for a longer approach on holes but only the longer holes and par 5s give me trouble.

RSS