Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Attn. Statisticians....

Thu, Apr 15 2010 9:07 PM (8 replies)
  • tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Wed, Apr 14 2010 7:28 AM

I know there are a few of you out there that record yours and fellow competitors winning scores in the Ready Go tournaments. Is it my imagination or are the scores in these tournaments getting better and better each week? Some of the consistency shown by Bollox, Jakestanfill, Avatar Lee, Iconian, Infinito, Pricehcs, Yoban, Caven, Ironking etc etc is absolutely incredible. Apologies to those guys I've missed out as there are plenty of others continually posting some incredible scores.

28s and 29s are pretty much what you have to shoot to win one irrespective of the course and conditions. I've seen 11 players score a 30 on Kiawah in the one competition, truly staggering performances. I take my hat of to these guys, I have won a few of these tournaments now but I'm just as likely to shoot a 38 after recording a 28. It is their consistency that puts them in a league of their own.

Anyway long may it continue as it drags the rest of us up closer to their level. My game has certainly improved since regularly taking part in them. Would be interested to see if the average winning scores are getting better?

• rehill
    431 Posts
    Wed, Apr 14 2010 8:05 AM

I would love to see the progression of scores in ready gos for the last year or so. You're right though, it is getting very difficult to win them, as you have to shoot a 27/28. Some will complain about this, but imho I like the extra challenge and it makes me better.

I take my hats off to those elite masters...

Jordan.

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Wed, Apr 14 2010 9:47 AM

I have only been on since the end of December, and won a few ready's in like 2 weeks, then come mid march it seems the scores got even better.  Might just be my view of it, but the scores seemed to have dropped a stroke lower in the past month.  It might be guys like Yoban turning it up a notch that are driving it.  I played him in a tight match play last month, and I saw him in Ready Go's doing well, but his consistency has gone up a level in my mind.  The others already mentioned have always been there, but Yoban, Pricehcs and a few others are beasts now.  I can go low, but I cant do it consistently like they do.  Thats my next goal.

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Wed, Apr 14 2010 10:42 AM

neildiamond11790:
      Might just be my view of it, but the scores seemed to have dropped a stroke lower in the past month.

I agree ND. A 33 on Kiawah front or back used to get you your stake back. A 32 would have got you in the top 10. Now neither score will get you anything worth writing about.

neildiamond11790:

I can go low, but I cant do it consistently like they do.  Thats my next goal

That sums up my game perfectly, although when I'm off, I'm utter garbage.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Apr 14 2010 11:00 AM

tiffer67:
    I know there are a few of you out there that record yours and fellow competitors winning scores in the Ready Go tournaments

I do believe the self appointed, albeit only to himself, Keeper of Pertinent Stats would be one lvietri. He posted a sample of his prowess here:

http://wgt.com/forums/t/9957.aspx?PageIndex=2

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Wed, Apr 14 2010 11:14 AM

I've kept track of all my RG rounds (in fact, all my scores since last november).

My average in them hasn't really gone down, besides when I upgraded from the tour preferred irons to the G10's.

I think part of what you're seeing is the result of the reduction of the time limit from 24 to 12 hours.   Just that one thing reduced the score needed to break even by around 1 stroke, from what I could tell (no real scientific proof though since I don't have the data to backup that assertion).

• Angeltotti20
    296 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2010 12:10 PM

Though i am member since march 2009, i had only played a few rounds til mid january. Made master during the first days of february and been playing in ready-go's since 14 (lovely day) of that month.

During these two months, the score needed to win a RG hasn't really gone down, but there are a lot more guys shooting around 29-30 constantly. So, yes, i would say that the level of the tournaments has incresased a bit, around 1 stroke less in my opinion. 

:)

• OaktheToke
    409 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2010 2:43 PM

I don't think anything has changed.  Look at the conditions.  The Kiawah B9 RG has light winds, which is the reason for the uber low scores since last time switched it.   When the winds are higher the scores are up a touch.  That RG is a cakewalk at the moment.   I posted a 30 yesterday and I played poorly outside of luckily making a few longer putts.

For example, looking at RG #3969, a pretty easy Kiawah full in moderate conditions, a 65 will get you tied for 3rd at the moment.  That's not a low score at all and should be easily attained by many masters barring meter issues.

Some days you might get more competition than others.  The luck of which tourny you enter plays a huge part.  In addition the Masters just concluded, so perhaps there is more RG traffic for the last week or so. 

Matter of fact, looking at all the closed tournaments right now, nothing looks overly low at all.  Sounds like you just got a bad stretch of studmuffins in some of the RGs you've entered.  Hope you have better luck next time.

• chipshotcharlie
    538 Posts
    Thu, Apr 15 2010 9:07 PM

Look at the bottom of every leader board and you will see these guys also quit there fair share of RTG as well so technically they dont shoot these scores all the time.

CSC

RSS