Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Penalty for player who disconnected

rated by 0 users
Tue, Apr 20 2010 4:05 PM (9 replies)
  • jcv57
    5 Posts
    Sun, Apr 11 2010 2:02 AM

It's possible to give some penalty for player who beginning a course and disconnected after 2 or 3 hole when the score is not good. since & week i can't finisch correctly a course because player disconnected. It's borry

• Tonts
    1 Posts
    Sun, Apr 11 2010 4:53 AM

I doubt it becuase sometimes it's not the players fault. I.e. Their internet  connection might be dodgy. This would make any penalty unfair to those with bad connections.

I do agree that it is very annoying when players disconnect after scoring badly.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sun, Apr 11 2010 5:01 AM

Welcome to WGT's forums to the both of you.

If you don't want to play with quitters, please take a look at the ladders at www.wgtls.co.uk.

Lot's of people there who play this game without quitting.

Enjoy

• borntobesting
    9,625 Posts
    Sun, Apr 11 2010 5:06 AM

I know it doesn't mean much but you can continue your round solo to post your score. 

• x1524807
    776 Posts
    Sun, Apr 11 2010 8:08 AM

jcv57:
    It's possible to give some penalty for player who beginning a course and disconnected after 2 or 3 hole when the score is not good. since & week i can't finisch correctly a course because player disconnected. It's borry

why can't you just say "I won" and continue to finish the game, or look for a new game

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Sun, Apr 11 2010 9:45 AM

The answere is a simple no, it cannot be done. Enjoy the game!

• Chazzz7
    53 Posts
    Sun, Apr 11 2010 5:12 PM
    Yes it can play match play then if they quit you win .
  • claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Sun, Apr 11 2010 8:14 PM

That is correct in MPC games, but he is referring to stroke play rounds, he hasn't played any MPC rounds yet! Quitters are abundant in those, the answer is still a simple no in stroke play.

• igiveup
    110 Posts
    Sun, Apr 11 2010 8:18 PM
    I think there should be a dunking stool on the 17th and Kiawah. Those quitters should receive a good dunking... Public dunking every day at 5:00pm... now thats a penalty.
  • Fanilla
    1 Posts
    Tue, Apr 20 2010 4:05 PM
    That's the thing... if takes away the joy of the game if you start a round and after a couple of holes your left on your own. Part of the fun is playing against others. I do understand the point that disconnections are not always intentional. But if is disconnected 9 out of 10 games, he should either get a better internet connection or he's doing it deliberate. My suggestion, if you don't want to give a penalty in strokes/stats, is to maintain an additional figure. Calculate the percentage of finished matches. And either make it visible so everyone can decide whom to play with, or make it an option in creating a group. For example, you only want people to join your match with 60% or better finished matches. It's plain nonsense that nothing can be done.
RSS