Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Consider this ...

rated by 0 users
Sat, Apr 3 2010 3:45 AM (3 replies)
  • donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Fri, Apr 2 2010 6:22 AM

The USGA and WGT have formed an exclusive deal ... so we are not in the dark anymore as to new courses ... after the back nine of St. Andrews, we'll have Oakmont ....

What can we look forward to after that? Hopefully it won't be the same boring repetition of u.s. open style venues featuring the same tree-lined narrow fairways, thick rough, etc. etc. that have combined to define the USGA's idea of what is a suitable test for their yearly competitions ... personally i would prefer a few courses with more exotic scenery myself ...

Thoughts ... ?

P.S. I know that every venue selected by the USGA is not the clone of another, but by and large they generally follow the same pattern ... before anyone points that out ...

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Apr 2 2010 6:28 AM

This time, next year plus whatever they come up with before that.....

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Fri, Apr 2 2010 7:31 AM

I'm curious why this year's U.S. Open venue isn't a course selection we might have before June?  I've played it and it doesn't have heavily tree-lined fairways... and it does have "exotic" scenery.

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Sat, Apr 3 2010 3:45 AM

Doublemochaman:

I'm curious why this year's U.S. Open venue isn't a course selection we might have before June?  I've played it and it doesn't have heavily tree-lined fairways... and it does have "exotic" scenery.

Yes .... Pebble Beach would be awesome ... as to why it isn't is anyone's guess ...

Countdown ... 72 days till Pebble Beach ... lol ...

RSS