Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Hello

rated by 0 users
Tue, Mar 30 2010 7:06 PM (6 replies)
  • Cigarz
    1 Posts
    Wed, Mar 24 2010 6:39 PM

Hi- looking forward to some good matches!

• PorkyWalrus
    607 Posts
    Thu, Mar 25 2010 11:35 AM

Yup and welcome. I have been around since January, and am a pro, but I have a losing record in matches. So maybe you will want to try to feast on me! Anytime you like.

Greg.

• jollygreen
    20 Posts
    Sat, Mar 27 2010 1:18 PM

Hello, any guys out there from the old game about golf i would like to hear from you, just write on my wall or join the ladder site at www.wgtls.co.uk

• Tunch
    1 Posts
    Mon, Mar 29 2010 9:22 PM
    Hi, I've been here for about a week. How fast can a player move up from hacker to pro to master? I'm an amateur already and wondering if I'm on an average pace.
  • SystemCrash
    209 Posts
    Tue, Mar 30 2010 12:34 AM

The tiers rankings are based on the average score which explains why we move so fast at the beginning. You'll find however that the learning curve from Pro to Master is the hardest and longest one. But a lot of folks here are willing to share their tips! ;-)

I just cut-and-pasted below a previous reply to explain:

...and welcome to the game! :-)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

scorpio102558:
    I was a little surprised how fast I have moved to the pro ranking.

That's normal. When registering, they give you a "default" average of 150 (wow!) and your average will take into account the best 10 of your last 14 rounds. You'll find this info in several threads here. I can see you have played 15 rounds so your 150ish scores are long gone!

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Tue, Mar 30 2010 1:48 PM

Tunch:
    Hi, I've been here for about a week. How fast can a player move up from hacker to pro to master? I'm an amateur already and wondering if I'm on an average pace.

There is no 'average pace'.... you will get there when you are ready.

SystemCrash:
    You'll find however that the learning curve from Pro to Master is the hardest and longest one.

You'll also find, should you utilize the SEARCH box over there ------------>  that there are a great number of messages on these forums bemoaning the fact that players get to Master before they are ready...

Then they ask when they could be pushed back to Pro... 

My advice to you, sir, is to play this game as much as  you want.. have as much fun as you can stand...  get used to playing with the equipment and know it well enough to see which needs to by upgraded... and by all means post every score.

When you post every score, you will achieve Master status and rank when you are able to compete at that level and not before.

Players who get to Master before they are ready usually end up leaving, or starting another account.  Neither is preferable.

Have a nice day.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Tue, Mar 30 2010 7:06 PM

Tunch, you got skills man, congrats on making pro today!!  IMO, you are ahead of the typical pace.

Your question, "how fast can a player move up..?", makes me think you're in a hurry.   As someone who made Master "too soon" after shooting several really good rounds as a pro while the planets and stars were in perfect alignment all I can say is I had a blast for the next several months overcoming the new challenges. But that's me.   I made Master 6 weeks after joining and 3 weeks after upgrading my clubs.  (This was back last summer when the Master tier started at 67.5, but now its around 65.5.)

There were times I felt I was swallowed up by the Master Tier and many times I wished I was still in the Pro Tier.  I didn't quit, I worked at it harder, and I don't think I whined about it too much, probably some though. LOL

My point is there are different strokes for different folks.  If your goal is to be a Master, go for it.  If you love a good challenge, go for it.  You've been warned, so don't come crying that its too hard or its unfair.

If your measure of success is your stroke average and how low you can go, fine with me.  I don't care if you post all your scores or not.  But  be a good member of the community and don't quit in multi-player rounds to save your average.

To get a good idea of what a Master faces, sign on to a practice round on Bethpage Black, blue tees, very fast greens, high winds. 

There are many players here who would be willing to help you out, myself included.

RSS