Bethpage Ready-Go Green Speed

rated by 0 users
Mon, Mar 22 2010 1:14 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • ccrume
    138 Posts
    Fri, Mar 19 2010 8:08 AM

WGTadmin:

The greens in the Bethpage Back 9 Ready-Go are faster than Standard, but slightly slower than what you've come to expect when the greens are said to be Fast.

Does that apply to the back nine of the 18-hole Bethpage RG as well?

• PRIESTESS
    10,703 Posts
    Fri, Mar 19 2010 10:19 AM

lol thats funny Lily

• PRIESTESS
    10,703 Posts
    Fri, Mar 19 2010 10:20 AM

Well i think standard greens at kiawa are faster than , fast greens at back nine bp.relating to the ready gos,,

• NNgrim
    42 Posts
    Sat, Mar 20 2010 8:40 PM

If greens can be set to a speed that is different from what's stated or expected , well that's one more added frustration that isn't needed for my game.

Im all for more settings, but as a player, especially when playing for money/credits, I feel entitiled to an accurate description of the game.

Why not, instead of just "slow, standard, fast", use a stimpmeter rating to let us know what speed we can expect? It's a standard for tournament golf anyway, and you can give us a much greater variety of choices... with better accuracy.

• haji97071
    192 Posts
    Sat, Mar 20 2010 11:40 PM

one complaint that i have are the putts that come up 2-5 inches short, when a short distance from the hole they are traveling at a good speed, immediately in front of the hole the ball suddenly acts like it hit honey on the green and comes to an abrupt halt.  when the putt is a little off line, right or left the will then run out like i would expect, seems only putts on line and going in that stop so quickly.

• WGTadmin
    1,166 Posts
    Mon, Mar 22 2010 1:14 PM

ccrume:

Does that apply to the back nine of the 18-hole Bethpage RG as well?

No, it applies only to the Ready Go tournaments on Bethpage Back 9, not to the back 9 of the 18-hole Bethpage Ready Go.

• PAGES
RSS