Help › Forums

Bethpage Ready-Go Green Speed

rated by 0 users
Mon, Mar 22 2010 1:14 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Thu, Mar 18 2010 2:57 PM

I just played the back nine on Bethpage in a Ready-Go Tournament.  The tournament specified fast greens.  Every putt came up short.  Now, if I treated the greens speeds as standard it would have been correct.  Players, including myself rely on the information provided.  With all do respect, don't indicate one thing and mean another.  Now, pardon the tone, but has there been a change in the green speeds in which we were not notified. 

I also sent a bug report during game play.

• PRIESTESS
    10,703 Posts
    Thu, Mar 18 2010 3:04 PM

Ive been saying that for 2 weeks,,i even put it on my status that the greens arent fast,,i just withdrew on the second hole cause of a huge meter spike but thats different,,lol,,my first putt i Have 11 feet i hit 16 its 3 inches short  lol,,,that back nine is hard work,,lol

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Thu, Mar 18 2010 3:28 PM

I found it quite frustrating myself.  A putt that would normally go 1 foot pass the hole comes up 2 inches short.    Thats what I usually aim for, a foot by the hole, unless it is a downhill putt with good difference in elevation.

Every nine or 18 is hard work.   Just like I don't treat any putt as a gimme unless it is a tap in.

• Kurtsbuford
    7,592 Posts
    Thu, Mar 18 2010 3:51 PM

Fast greens ready go kiawa,, and fast green  BP  back nine are totaly different speeds,,thats the inconsistanty that you intialy refered to,,im refering to BP back nine of course,,so why is that green speed  different to kiawa,?

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Thu, Mar 18 2010 3:58 PM

Yes, that is my concern was the green speed on BP back nine.  And your correct, there is a difference in green speed which is specified as fast between Kiawah and Bethpage.

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Thu, Mar 18 2010 5:08 PM

Question;  You wonder why some threads go left unanswered.  I think it is important when something is amiss.  Not asking for much.  Just clarification. 

• WGTadmin
    1,166 Posts
    Thu, Mar 18 2010 7:44 PM

Hi Infinito,

The greens in the Bethpage Back 9 Ready-Go are faster than Standard, but slightly slower than what you've come to expect when the greens are said to be Fast.

The ready-go conditions will be shuffled around in the future, and when that happens, we will try to avoid any confusion by not using green speeds in between what you normally expect for Fast or Standard.

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Thu, Mar 18 2010 8:05 PM

I appreciate your response and your clarification on the greens.  I really do.  I like the idea of the new green speeds.  You might have to come up with some new names for specifying different green speeds.

• ncviz
    527 Posts
    Fri, Mar 19 2010 5:02 AM

Personally I hate the idea new/more green speeds. 3 or 4 is enough in my book.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Fri, Mar 19 2010 7:34 AM

ncviz:

Personally I hate the idea new/more green speeds. 3 or 4 is enough in my book.

At this point, more green speeds probably won't matter. The ones we have, have already made me neurotic.

• PAGES
RSS